𝟎𝟗. 𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟗. 𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡

 𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡

________________________

  THE SUN WAS BEATING DOWN ON LORELEI'S SKIN. She sat atop the lifeguard tower, her hands over her lap as she looked down at the screaming children below her. It had been thirty minutes since her shift had started, and to say she was miserable would be an understatement.

  She had yelled at about five kids already, all of which had been running near the pool - and one of the little suckers had the audacity to stick their tongue out at her.

  Lorelei hated her job.

  As she sat there on the world's most uncomfortable chair, her eyes scanned around the perimeter, and she came to the realization that for the first time in weeks, the mothers that usually sat and gawked at Billy were idly chatting by the pool or reading their magazines. 

  That was certainly - odd.

  "What the hell?" Lorelei mumbled to herself in bewilderment.

  If there was one thing she could count on, it was the fact that every damn day, Billy Hargrove would strut past the lounge chairs near the pool - and every time he did, the women would practically throw themselves at him in hopes of spicing up their summer.

  She knew it happened every day - how could she not? When the sight of the occurrence practically traumatized her every time. Lorelei had learned to keep the fact that Mrs. Wheeler had been flirting shamelessly with Billy from Nancy and Mike - and it had eaten her alive and practically made her puke upon witnessing the flirtation.

  But now, Mrs. Wheeler was nowhere to be seen - and neither was Billy.

  Odd indeed.

  "I know that your son is wet from the pool Mrs. Turner-" Lorelei snapped her head to the left to see that Ben was conversing with a middle-aged mother and her eight-year-old son. "But you have to understand - this is the third towel I've given him. He just keeps throwing them into the pool."

  "Are you saying my son is the problem?" the woman questioned smugly, her hands at her hips.

  "No-" Ben tried to interject.