𝟐𝟓. 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟓. 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲

 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤-𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲

________________________

  A WEEK LATER, things had started to return to normal - well, as normal as things could possibly be after seeing all the crap that Lorelei saw. 

  She was still haunted by nightmares, and her sleep schedule was all over the place. At times, Lorelei would wake up in the middle of the night, her chest aching and the back of her neck coated in sweat as she tried to recover from the images she had seen. A part of her tried to convince itself that everything was fine - Eleven had closed the gate, Will was alright and none of her friends had died. But it seemed too premature. 

  She was worried that something was still coming.

  Apart from her nightmares, Lorelei had spoken with her father about closing the lab. She knew he had been trying to do so for quite some time, but nothing had worked out yet and there was nothing he could do on his own.

  Nancy had approached her at school one day with a small cassette player in hand. She had explained the entire Murray situation to her and asked Lorelei to give the tape to her father. Naturally, Lorelei had listened to it first - and was she glad she did. Not only had Nancy and Jonathan been able to get a confession on tape, but they had also managed to create a story - with the help of this Murray fellow - that would sink the lab without freaking people out.

  David Keller had been ecstatic, and he had started to make phone calls as soon as he could to all the people he knew were needed to pull everything off. It couldn't be said if the plan would actually work, or how long it would take, but Lorelei slept better that night knowing that her father was doing his damn best to shut that place down and ensure that nobody else tried to explore the upside down.

  "Dad!" Lorelei yelled from downstairs as she searched her bag.

  "What?" he asked calmly, heading over to her from the kitchen with a bottle of beer in hand.

  "Did you see my walkman?" she huffed, her movements frantic as she rummaged her hands around the bag for the third time.

  "It's somewhere around the house," he shrugged. "Did you check your room?"

  "No, I just spent an hour looking for it - but I forgot to check my room," Lorelei deadpanned. "Of course, I checked my room!"