𝟏𝟖. 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐲-𝐃𝐨𝐨

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟖. 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐲-𝐃𝐨𝐨

 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐲-𝐃𝐨𝐨

________________________

  "OK CLEAR," Steve's hand waved about behind him, gesturing for everyone else to follow. "Clear. Come on, let's go."

  Robin and Lorelei shared a worried glance. They had just barely evaded a Russian guard by hiding behind a large metal object.

  "Okay, that was close." Robin was the one to voice her concern.

  "Yeah," Dustin nodded. "Too close." 

  "Relax, okay?" Steve reassured monotonously. "Relax. Nobody saw-"

  He suddenly stopped in his tracks, mouth agape and eyes wide as two saucers. Lorelei, who had been walking right behind him, bumped into his back. Just as she was about to open her mouth and chastise him for stopping before her, her eyes caught sight of what he had been looking at. Hundreds of Russian guards and scientists were all walking in the middle of a large room - a room they were completely exposed to.

  "Shit," Lorelei whispered. Steve quickly grabbed Lorelei by the arm and pulled her behind him as he ducked against another metal container. The rest of the group all followed, huddled together behind the object, eyes still agape from the sight.

  "Jesus," Steve breathed out, his chest rising and falling quickly from the scare.

  "Red Dawn," Dustin whispered - more so to himself than to anyone else, but Lorelei nodded along to his words, too shocked to form a verbal answer.

  "I saw it," Erica spoke up.

  "Saw what?" Steve questioned.

  "The comms room," was her simple reply.

  "You saw the comms room?" Steve pressed.

  "Correct," Erica nodded repeatedly. "First floor, northwest. The door was only open for a second, but I saw a bunch of machines and shit in there."

  "That could be a hundred different things," Dustin pointed out.

  "But it could also be just what we need to get ourselves out of this shit-hole," Lorelei countered.

  Steve glanced over at her for a minute, his eyes completely unsure as to which side he should take.

  "I'll take those odds," Robin shrugged. 

  Steve sighed in exasperation, his head shaking slightly and making it so that his hair plopped on his forehead. He slowly brought his body closer to the edge of their hiding place, glancing at all the people walking around the base at the moment. Everyone else followed that movement, and it seemed shocking that they hadn't been caught yet.