𝟏𝟐. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟐. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭

 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭

________________________

  THE MALL WAS NEARLY CLOSED by the time Lorelei pedaled in on her bicycle. She had cursed and complained all the way to the mall. Seeing as it was already late in the afternoon - not to mention raining, there were no more buses heading to the mall, which unfortunately meant that she was forced to ride her bike in the pouring rain.

  "Son of a bitch," she mumbled angrily, parking her bike to the side with reckless abandon.

  She brushed past the securities at the mall doors, her hair dripping onto the floor as she stared straight forward. Her day had already pretty much sucked, and the last thing she needed was to be drenching wet in her damn lifeguard uniform whilst everyone in Starcourt stared at her.

  Her eyes landed on the flashy interior design of SCOOPS AHOY, and Lorelei wasted no time before dashing inside the store. Robin was the one at the front of the counter, and she was handing a vanilla ice cream cone to a customer when her eyes glanced over at Lorelei and they widened.

  "What the hell happened to you?" she questioned, her eyes not leaving Lorelei as she gave the customer his change and ushered him away.

  "It's raining like a bitch outside," Lorelei grumbled. "You know," she gestured to herself "-clearly."

  Robin stifled a laugh, and she dug into a drawer on the back cabinet. She quickly handed a towel to Lorelei, which she took in appreciating before beginning to pat herself down and rig out her hair.

  "Where's Steve?" Lorelei asked once she was done drying herself off.

  "In there," Robin gestured with her head towards the back room.

  Lorelei's head nodded, and she placed the towel back on the counter before wandering into the back room. When she did, her eyes immediately went to Steve, who was sitting on one of the chairs that surrounded the metal table within the room.

  He turned to her at the sound of her entering the room, and his eyes scanned her body, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Forget the umbrella at home?"

  "Don't test me, Harrington-" Lorelei warned, her finger raising up at him. "I've had a long day."

  "I'm sure hanging out at the pool with Ben was very difficult," Steve commented under his breath.