𝟏𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

________________________

  THE BYERS LIVED IN A QUAINT HOME, it was a single floor plan, with a long driveway in which chief Hopper had parked his truck in a rush. But it wasn't the quaintness of the place that called Lorelei's attention - no, that was definitely not it. 

  What did call her attention were the many drawings which were trailed over the expanse of the floor. They connected and trailed together like some sort of odd path, and Lorelei was much too overwhelmed to even bother asking what it was all about. 

  After all that she had seen and read about, Lorelei was starting to just 'roll with the punches.'

  The next thing that caught her attention was David Keller. The sight of him after almost three days without contact almost made Lorelei run into his arms like a little kid. But the moment he turned around and saw her standing there, her arm slung over Steve's shoulder as he supported her weight - her ankle now increasingly swollen, Lorelei knew she was in big trouble.

  "What on earth?!" her father yelled out, his eyes widening at the sight of his daughter, the one he had presumed was at home, standing in the last place she should be.

  "You didn't call," Lorelei shrugged, her arm still wrapped around Steve's shoulder as they both stood there, with Steve looking increasingly awkward "I figured you were in trouble so-"

  "I was kind of busy Lorelei," David sighed, his fingers rubbing his temples "I never thought that leaving my sixteen-year-old daughter alone for a while would result in this."

  Lorelei bit the inside of her cheek, now noticing how everyone else in the room was looking over at the not-so-friendly reunion. She turned over to Steve, who was holding her upright to the best of his abilities and she shot him a small tight-lipped smile before removing his arms from around her.

  "Can we just talk in private?" she whispered to her father, limping closer to him.

  David Keller ran his eyes over his daughter, checking for any injuries that did not include her clearly injured foot. When he saw none but noticed the desperation to talk in her eyes, he nodded his head and helped her walk over to one of the rooms - which Lorelei presumed to be Jonathans, before closing the door behind them.