𝟏𝟓. 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟓. 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 

 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 

________________________

  "ARE YOU GUYS SURE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?" Lorelei grumbled as she walked along the railway once more - well, limped was more like it, as the girl was still refraining from adding any pressure to her foot, but at the same time refusing the accept help.

  "What?" Lucas questioned, his hands clutching the binoculars as they walked.

  The junkyard had long been left behind now as the group traveled along the path in which they had originally come from. Leaves crunched under their feet, and that along with the wind and occasional speaking completed the void of sound that the night seemed to be composed of.

  "Well - those things almost killed Steve," Lorelei explained, not missing the look he shot her as she used his first name once more "and now we're willingly heading in their direction."

  "Yeah, why don't we just get some help?" Max shrugged, agreeing with Lorelei.

  "We don't have the time to get help," Dustin scoffed impatiently "and even if we did, no one is answering."

  Lorelei clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the complexity of this situation. This was all some grade-a shit. Honestly, because of a stupid agreement made a year ago in order to protect a lab that was evil, they now had to solve this entire thing on their own, free of government help?

  "I say we offer Steve up if those things show again," Lorelei grinned, limping over to the Harrington boy and looking up at him "maybe the obnoxious scent of his hairspray will make them run off again."

  "Haha," Steve scowled, his bottom lip popping out as he did so.

  Lorelei merely shot him another grin, glad that although this was all bizarre, she at least had him - that way, she had someone to make fun of and share her humor with; it brought a sense of normalcy.

  "Don't pretend like you hate my jokes Harrington," Lorelei smirked, "if I recall, you were quite worried about me back in that bus."

  "Yeah well, I didn't want to have to carry your dead weight all the way to the hospital," Steve retorted, an equal smirk tugging at his lips.