𝟐𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

(𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮)

________________________

"THE MIND FLAYER," Mike's voice rang out across the empty mall. "it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her, and pave a way into our world."

"And it almost did," Nancy added. "That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked, his voice serious, yet still collected.

"It's big," Jonathan replied. "Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah..." Lucas mumbled. "It sort of destroyed your cabin.

Hopper nodded his head, his lips pursed in annoyance. From the other side of the circle that the group had assembled into, Lorelei was standing next to her father, who had a secure arm around her shoulders as they kept close to each other.

There had not yet been enough time for them to discuss everything that had happened. But at this point, Lorelei and David Keller were just relieved that neither one of them was dead in a ditch, or Russian base, anywhere.

"Okay, so, just to be clear this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El-" Steve spoke up, his face contorted as he looked over at a worn-out Eleven who was lying in Hopper's lap. "It's some kind of gigantic weapon?"

"Yes," answered Nancy.

"But instead of like- screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon with melted people," he continued asking, the voice seeming all too hesitant to believe the next issue that the group was destined to face.

"Yes, exactly," Nancy confirmed.

"Yeah - okay," he nodded. "Just um- just making sure."

Near the water fountain, Robin and Estelle were sitting together as they watched the group recap all the nightmarish horrors that they had faced. Whilst Robin looked both intrigued and slightly freaked out, it seemed as though Estelle had already gotten used to the fact that her life had been turned topsy-turvy, and she simply picked at her blue nail polish absentmindedly.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there? Still alive?" Asked Joyce.

"Pretty sure," muttered Estelle.