𝟎𝟏. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟏. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬

 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬

________________________

  "ARE YOU STILL SET ON THIS?" Lorelei asked from the passenger seat, her eyes squinting towards her father as he drove the car towards their brand new home "we could always go somewhere else - I hear New York is great this time of year."

  "I wouldn't be in this car if I wasn't set on this," David replied with a laugh.

  Lorelei frowned and sunk back in her seat, her eyes closing in annoyance at the circumstances. Moving away from home and all her friends - less than a month away from her birthday no less, was torture. She glanced over at the tapes in the box near her feet and she decided to distract herself the best way she knew how. Grabbing the box, she searched through the tapes for a moment, her tongue sticking out as she tried to find the perfect one. 

  "Is the ACDC record in there?" her father asked as he glanced over at the box on her lap.

  "Right here," she lifted it from the box.

  David grinned and motioned for her to play it with his head. Lorelei wasted no time as she opened the tape and plugged it into the car. Her hands moved towards the volume, raising it higher as the sounds of "You Shook Me All Night Long," rang through the car.

  For a moment, she grinned at the song, her fingernails tapping along the rhythm of the song atop her thighs. However, once her eyes landed on the "Welcome to Hawkins," sign in front of the car, the smile transformed into a scowl.

  The car drove past a few trees and fields as the song rang out through the air, and Lorelei almost contemplated opening the window to let in some fresh air until she noticed the cows that were grazing the fields from every angle.

  "Out of all the places in the USA, you had to take us to the place that smells like literal shit?" Lorelei mumbled towards her father.

  "It's not like I bought a farm, Lorelei," David shook his head "just sit back and relax."

  Lorelei resisted the urge to roll her eyes, instead, she leaned her head against the window beside her, allowing her brown eyes to run over the expanse of the lovely view in front of her. Her hot breath against the window caused it to run cloudy and she bumped her nose against the foggy glass, her eyes shutting in annoyance.

  Soon enough, the view of trees faded away and the car rolled into what she expected was the town square. She took notice of all the small businesses around, trying to find a record shop or something of the sort, but when she found none, she sat back into her seat with a sigh.