𝟐𝟑. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐀𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟑. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐀𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰

 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐀𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰

________________________

IT WAS OVER.

The demo dogs had all brushed past Lorelei and Steve, and soon enough he was able to help her climb out of the tunnels with a firm grip on her waist. She was still a bit shaken up, but she reached down to grab his hand and help him climb out through the hole as well.

"Holy shit, guys," Dustin heaved. "I thought you guys were done for."

"So did I, Frizzy." Lorelei breathed out with a pat on his shoulder.

Just then, a bright light erupted from the headlights of the blue Camaro. Lorelei lifted her hand over her face, just as everyone else did, to shield herself from the sudden light. It only took a few seconds, but the lights were soon back to normal.

"What the hell was that?" Lorelei questioned as she brought her hand back down.

"Eleven," Mike replied firmly. "She's closing the gate."

"Bitchin'." Lorelei smiled to herself.

"Alright. Let's go back to the Byers' house." Steve clapped his hand suddenly, grabbing his bat from the floor and starting to walk back to the car. "I don't want to have to explain what happened if they get there before us."

Lorelei huffed out a deep breath, but she didn't need to be told twice as she followed him over to the car. She wanted to get out of this place as quickly as possible. This time, Steve was the one to climb into the driver's seat, and Lorelei moved so she was sitting beside him on the passenger side. As all the kids clambered onto the backseat, Steve turned the engine on.

No one in the car said anything during the entire ride to the Byers' house. After all, how could they? They had just been inside literal hell - and they didn't even know if it had been for anything yet. Lorelei still didn't have any news on her dad, Mike didn't have news on Eleven, and no one knew anything about Will.

They just had to hope for the best - pray to whatever they believed in that everything had worked out; and with no more casualties, this time.

As Lorelei sat there in the car, she contemplated the last few days. It had surely been a rollercoaster - one that she was sure had changed her forever. She had come into Hawkins thinking that it was a quiet place, boring even; but what she had found, what she had seen was something completely unforeseen.