𝟐𝟔. 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟔. 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

________________________

     "YOU JUST SAVED THE WORLD," Dustin's voice echoed through the mall.

     "Gosh, I miss you Dusty-Bun."

     "I miss you more, Suzie-Poo."

     "I miss you-"

     Estelle's finger hitting the walkie-talkie's off button caused the sound to stop coming from the small machine. As Lorelei had finished cleaning out the wound in her shoulder with the sound of Dustin and Suzie singing in the background, one could suffice it to say that they had both grown tired of their voices.

     "Okay, that was a major fever dream," Estelle whistled under her breath.

     With a nod, Lorelei grabbed her friend's hands and helped lift her onto her feet, the mess of discarded bloody paper towels being left behind on the floor. "Tell me about it," she said. "I am going to have fun teasing Frizzy about it later, though."

     Both girls maneuvered their bodies away from the Orange Julius store, with Estelle holding a hand to her shoulder as she winced in pain, still somewhat getting accustomed to the entire situation that she had found herself in. 

     "We need to get out of here," she spoke up.

     "Yeah - but we need to find Max, Mike, and El." Lorelei had her eyes running over the expanse of everything she could see in the mall, her mind running quickly to catch up as she tried to come up with any semblance of an idea about where the young teens could be.

     Estelle followed her line of sight, a defeated sigh escaping through her nose. "Where could they be?" She mumbled more so to herself whilst following in Lorelei's example and looking around. 

     With narrowed eyes, Lorelei glanced over at Scoops Ahoy. Images of backrooms and staff corridors filled her mind, and her head snapped up to look at Estelle. 

     "That's it," she said.

     "What's it?"

     "The backrooms," Lorelei explained. "They all lead to corridors. Steve would always complain that the kids would use his job at Scoops to get into the movies without having to pay. They would sneak in through the back."

     "So what?" Estelle seemed to be having a hard time keeping up, the loss of blood making its presence known through the confused disposition plaguing her.