𝟎𝟗. 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟗. 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦

 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦

________________________

  "WAIT, HOW BIG IS THIS THING?" Steve asked, his eyes trailing on the road as he drove.

  The car was traveling through the road of Hawkins, and the sun had set over the horizon quite a while ago, leaving them in darkness. Queen's "Hammer to Fall" was playing softly on the radio, and Lorelei silently commended Steve Harrington for his spectacular music taste.

  "First it was this big," Dustin showed with his hands before opening them wider "now it's this big."

  "And how do you know that it's not just some lizard?" Steve. waved his free hand around as he spoke, his gaze moving to Dustin for a moment.

  "How do I know it's not just some lizard?" Dustin repeated, his face twisted into a scowl.

  "Yeah! How do you know man?" Steve exclaimed, his shoulders tense.

  "Because its face opened up and it ate my cat!" Dustin shouted at Steve.

  Lorelei could not help but smile to herself at the frozen look on Steve's face; he was clearly trying to process the information that Dustin Henderson had just thrown at him. Feeling her eyes on the side of his face, Steve turned to her for a short moment, his lips in a straight line, mirroring the rest of his tense expression.

  "What Frizzy is trying to say, is that there is no way in hell that thing is some random lizard," Lorelei added.

  "Right," Steve sighed. His fingers tapped on the wheel for a moment before he turned to Lorelei once more "and how do you know about all this?"

  "It's a long story, Harrington, let's just say that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time," she retorted, her eyes looking straight at the road.

  "And how are you not like - I don't know, freaking out or something?" he inquired.

  "Oh, she did freak out," Dustin interjected from the back seat.

  "Frizzy-" Lorelei warned.

  "Did she?" Steve smirked, head-turning to Dustin for a moment.