𝟏𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

________________________

  "OH YEAH, THIS WILL DO," Steve nodded, his black ray bans perched atop his nose "this will do just fine. Good call, dude."

  He patted Dustin's back twice before moving deeper into the old junkyard, eyes examining the surroundings as he thought of what to do. Lorelei turned to look at Dustin, and she smiled to herself as she saw the proud look he had on his face; no doubt caused by Steve's compliment.

  "Come on, Frizzy-" Lorelei spoke up, her headphones around her neck and her mixtape within the pocket of her jean shorts "we should hurry up - the sun's going to start setting soon."

  To say she was tired would be an understatement. Lorelei had spent the entire day walking around with Dustin and Steve - planning and creating their master plan. And now the real work would start because they had to find a way to keep themselves safe if Dart actually did follow the trail they had set.

  Her eyes looked around the old junkyard before them - taking in a piece of rubber, scraps of metal, and old vehicles that were scattered around in a mess; completely forgotten. She winced as she stretched out her back, feeling the knots that had been bothering her for a long time strain.

  With a deep sigh - one that said, what the hell did I get myself into? - Lorelei followed Steve, continuing the trail of meat to a middle point in the field before dunking the rest of the content into a large pile. She immediately removed the gloves that had been on her hands and threw them down to the floor beside the meat in disgust.

  "So what's the plan?" Lorelei asked, her hands on her hips as she continued surveying the area.

  "Barricade that bus, and wait for Dart," Dustin pointed at the bus.

  "And you really think that your little buddy is going to follow the trail here?" Lorelei questioned "I mean - he looked pretty animalistic Frizzy, wouldn't he prefer something fresher? You know, the thrill of the kill that animals get and all."

  "Dart isn't a murderer," Dustin tried to defend.

  "He ate Mews, Frizzy!" Lorelei argued, "for all we know, your poor mother is still out there searching for her."

  "That was different," the boy scowled, not yet willing to admit his mistake of having brought Dart to his home.

  Lorelei stayed silent, watching as Dustin moved away from her and walked towards Steve, with the two of them talking silently amongst themselves. Her eyes looked up at the sky, squinting at the harsh rays of sunlight that penetrated her vision and she quickly looked away.