𝟎𝟖. 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟖. 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

________________________

DAVID KELLER HAD NOT COME HOME. The garage was empty, the car was gone and the house was in an eerie silence. No coffee was brewing in the kitchen, nor were there any pancakes being made. Where was he? That was a mystery that Lorelei Keller was racking her brain for.

She had awoken with her head quite literally buried into one of the many books that she had gotten at the library. As Lorelei lifted her head, the page of the book stuck to her cheek and she ripped I away with a slight grimace, wondering why on earth she had slept atop her desk. Then it all came rushing back.

The files, the lab, the girl with the shaved head - and the apparent monster. It still didn't feel true, but Lorelei knew it was. If her father believed it, then she did too. Her socked feet carried her over to the kitchen, where she had expected the aforementioned David Keller to be having breakfast and going over the news or something mundane like that - but that was just the thing. He wasn't home.

The confusion came first. Thoughts clouded her early-morning mind as she tried to think of where he might be. Then came the worry. He was the only person Lorelei still had in her life - the only constant. So why wasn't he home? What had happened.

She leaned against the wall, holding the telephone to her ear as her feet tapped on the floor. Lorelei could feel the numbing worry all over her body - from the tips of her toes to the hair on the back of her neck.

There hadn't been many times when she had felt this dependent, but after everything she had just found out, there was no one she needed more than her dad. She just wanted to hug him, tell him she was sorry for everything, and then ask him what the fuck he was thinking when he brought them to this damn town.

But he wasn't there. She needed to solve her problems on her own, and maybe she would find her dad by the end of it. First things first, she needed someone that would explain all of this to her. For a moment, Lorelei considered calling Steve Harrington - after all, he was literally right next door. But there was no way in hell she would ask him.

She spent the next few hours thinking of what to do. A part of her was just waiting for her father to come home, say he had gone to work early, and explain everything. But that did not happen, so after freaking out about fifty times, Lorelei finally came to the conclusion that she needed to get off her ass and do something.

Her pajamas were traded in by jeans, a black top, and her trusty leather jacket and she was out the door. Lorelei had never pedaled faster in her life as she headed toward the Henderson household. She was sure that her legs would be sore after all this, but still, Lorelei kept going over to Dustin's house - she was sure that if she pressed hard enough, he would tell her.