189

Madison sat in the cozy corner of a local coffee shop, a steaming cup in hand, when Isaac, Nick's teammate and a close friend of hers, walked in. He spotted her, a warm smile crossing his face, and made his way over to her table.

"Madison! Long time no see," Isaac greeted, pulling out a chair and joining her at the table.

Madison returned the smile, grateful for the distraction and the familiar presence of a friend. "Isaac, hey! It has been a while, hasn't it?"

Isaac nodded, his gaze filled with genuine concern. "How have you been holding up, especially after everything that happened recently?"

Madison sighed, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "It's been a rollercoaster, to be honest. The proposal, the public reaction—it's a lot to process."

Isaac leaned back in his chair, a sympathetic expression on his face. "I can't imagine. I saw the headlines. The media can be relentless. How are you handling it all?"

Madison shrugged, the weight of the situation evident in her response. "It's tough, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. What about you? How's the team? How's Nick?"

Isaac chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes. "Ah, the team's doing well, and Nick... well, he's Nick. Always focused on the game, but I can tell this whole thing has affected him too."

Madison nodded, appreciating Isaac's honesty. "Yeah, it's a lot for both of us. We're trying to navigate through it, figure out what's best."

Isaac leaned forward, his expression turning more serious. "Madison, you're a strong person, you know that? Whatever you decide, just make sure it's what's right for you. Don't let the noise outside dictate your choices."

Madison smiled, grateful for Isaac's supportive words. "Thanks, Isaac. It means a lot. Sometimes it's hard to see through all the chaos, you know?"

Isaac nodded. "I get it. If you ever need someone to talk to or just a distraction, I'm here. We all care about you, not just as Nick's teammate, but as a friend."

Madison's eyes softened, touched by Isaac's sincerity. "I appreciate that, Isaac. It's good to have friends like you around."

As they continued to chat, Madison found a sense of comfort in Isaac's company. In the midst of the whirlwind surrounding her, the simple act of catching up with a friend provided a welcome respite. The coffee shop buzzed with the sounds of conversation, and for a moment, Madison felt a sense of normalcy amidst the chaos.

-

Madison opened the front door, a sense of weariness hanging over her after a long and emotionally draining day. As she stepped into the living room, a gasp escaped her lips, and she was met with a sight that took her by surprise.

The room was bathed in soft candlelight, casting a warm and inviting glow. Delicate flowers adorned the coffee table, and a gentle melody played in the background. In the center of the room stood Nick, a nervous but hopeful smile on his face.

"Nick, what's all this?" Madison asked, her heart fluttering with a mix of curiosity and anticipation.

Nick took a deep breath, his gaze fixed on Madison. "I've been doing a lot of thinking, Mads. About us, about everything. And, well, I wanted to create a moment for us. A moment where we can choose each other, not because of the past, but because of what we want for our future."

Madison's eyes widened as she took in the effort Nick had put into creating this intimate setting. The room seemed to hold its breath, and the air was charged with a sense of possibility.

"Madison," Nick began, stepping closer, "I've loved you for a long time. Through all the ups and downs, the twists and turns. I want to be with you, to build a life together. I'm ready for whatever comes our way."

Tears welled up in Madison's eyes as the weight of Nick's words settled in. In that moment, surrounded by the flickering candlelight and the sincerity in Nick's eyes, she felt a shift within herself. The complexities of their past seemed to fade away, leaving only the shared history that had brought them to this point.

"I'm ready too, Nick," Madison confessed, her voice steady. "I'm ready to choose you, to build a future together. Let's leave the past behind and start anew."

Nick's smile widened, a mixture of relief and joy crossing his face. He reached into his pocket, producing a small velvet box. Opening it, he revealed a ring that sparkled with the promise of a fresh beginning.

"Look I think we've changed. I want to know if we're on the same page" Nick asked, the vulnerability in his eyes mirroring the sincerity of his words.

Madison's heart swelled with emotion, and she nodded, her eyes locking onto Nick's. "I don't think we have, but I know we have. So, I'm ready too" 

Nick then smiled and whistled then Noah ran in with a box in his hand. "This time, I promise I won't play with your feelings." 

"Yes, Yes Nick." Madison kissed his lips as he slid on the ring and Noah was gone, probably to go back to play with his toys. 

In that intimate setting, surrounded by the warmth of the candles and the gentle melody playing in the background, Madison and Nick embraced the new chapter that lay ahead. The room seemed to overflow with the promise of love, commitment, and the shared journey that awaited them. They were ready to build a future together, one that surpassed the complexities of their past, and in that moment, the candlelit room became a sanctuary for their renewed love and commitment. 

-

hey guys 

finally - dk what crack madison was on fr lol 

have a good one