11

A week later...

Josh, Annalise, Nick, and I all decided to go to the beach today. Annalise and Josh were getting along just like how they used to, it's like nothing ever happened between them. I'm happy for them.

~ At the beach ~

It was a pretty hot day today. Meaning, the beach was busy. As kids, Nick's parents and my parents bought a boat together. We just use the boat whenever we want to, today we were going to use the boat too. We also have 2 jetskis. We went to the boat section and walked to our parking spot. I chucked my bag in the boat and we decided to bring a jet ski with us. Nick insisted on driving the jetski, which we all had turns on. We all had our boat license as well as our jetski license, except for Annalise though.

We were on the boat and I found this surfboard Damien cried because he wanted it. He threw the biggest tantrum. Then, eventually, we all started carrying in about wanting the surfboard. When I was around 10, Dad taught me how to surf. I loved the ocean, and I still do. "Oh my god, look what I found" I said showing Josh. "No way," He said shocked. "Drive as near as you can to the shore," I asked, and he did that. There were waves not far from us. In the deep section, it was pretty calm.

I popped the surfboard down and jumped into the water. I hopped onto it. "Let's see if I still got my skills, shall we?" I laughed. "I reckon yes," Josh said. "Tough one" Nick added. "I think she's gonna be really good," Annalise said. I showed her my surfing videos from when I was 16 that Kendall used to film.

I did the tricks that I learnt and then Josh, Nick, and Annalise were cheering me on. Personally, that was embarrassing and I don't know why I did that. But I hadn't surfed in a year or so. I used to come down to the beach every day. Josh and Maleki always came to the beach so they'd give me a lift and I'd just surf. I came every week. Friday's after school, Saturday's, and Sunday's. Then, Josh got drafted by Collingwood and Maleki stopped going. Kendall and Maddie took me and Nick would sometimes tag along. It was a fun time.

"Still got it," I shrugged. "And you were saying" I raised my eyebrows, specifically at my boyfriend. "Gosh, sorry," Nick said raising his hands. We then had some fun and then parked the boat back and took out our belongings from the boat. We then got back to the sand and set up our towels and umbrella.

A guy then flashed a smile at me and waved, he winked at me too. Don't know if his eye twitched or if it was a wink. The sun was shot directly at my eyes and I didn't see him properly, so I covered my eyes and instantly I smiled and waved after recognising who he was. Josh and Nick were in the water. Annalise and I were on the sand talking. "Sorry, do you mind If I just say hello to someone?" I asked her. "Oh no, of course you can I don't mind at all go ahead" She smiled. "Thanks, I'll be back" I smiled, getting up. "Take your time," She says to me, returning the smile.

I ran over to the tall muscular figure who was now standing in front of me. "Hey Caleb" I smiled, hugging him. "Mads thought I recognised ya," He said, hugging me back. We were released from the hug. "How have you been? Feels like I haven't seen you in ages" He grinned, through his perfectly aligned and straight white teeth. "It has been ages, I'm good thank you for asking, yourself?" I asked. "Eh, not too bad" He laughed. We just spoke for a bit longer then said our goodbyes and I headed back over to Annalise.

"Nick came here just before asking who you were with," Annalise said. "I think he was a bit jealous, so you should talk to him" She added. "Caleb's my cousin, what's he jealous of," I said, a bit annoyed. Annalise just shrugged. We continued to talk. Nick came over with soaking wet hair and he honestly looked super hot. He didn't flash a smile at me and just stared at me with dull and gloomy eyes that I couldn't read. "All good?" I asked Nick. "Never been better," He said through gritted teeth. "Is this about me saying hi to my cousin over there?" I said pointing towards Caleb. Caleb looked over at us and waved. "N-no," Nick said, smiling straight away at Caleb. I knew Nick was lying and didn't want to cause an argument. So I just ignored it. I posted a picture on instagram.

After the beach, we all decided to go out for a late lunch that was next to the beach

After the beach, we all decided to go out for a late lunch that was next to the beach. We also grabbed some ice cream after, too. It was around 6 when I got home. I kissed Nick goodbye and got inside.

-

heyy guys

I promise chapter 12 will be out this week, most likely tmrw but don't wanna promise anything. Sorry if this chapter was boring but I hope u enjoyeddd

have a good one 🫶🏽