CHAPTER 39: Turn Around

Start from the beginning

"Don't forget the bet." I sang, walking toward Matt, Taylor and Ian - who were standing underneath a tree. As I am walking towards the group, I stop when I hear a deep, masculine speak. When I turn around, there was a tall, handsome - red hair standing in front of me.

I smirk, smugly. "Hello."

"Hi sunshine, I'm Josh." He said, introducing himself with a charming smile - stretching his arm out. I nod, and shook his hand. "I wondering if whether or not, we can go to the event that's happening at Lake Douglas tonight."

'Well, well, you'll be winning the bet anytime now.'

As I tilt my head to the side, I caught a glimpse of Logan - staring at Josh and I like a hawk. 'Oh, someone's about to lose a bet' I thought, winking in his direction.

I move a step closer to Josh, pressing our bodies together. "I'd love-"

"No."

'Oh no, no, no.'

Logan stood next to me, placing his arm around my shoulders, and bringing me closer. "You're Josh, correct?"

With a nod of his head, Josh spoke, "I am. You're Logan Sutherland."

"I am. But, here's the circumstance Josh, Tia and I are together."

"Oh. I didn't know Tia was in a relationship."

I start to struggle in Logan's hold, in an effort to break apart. "J-Josh, he's a liar. I'm single." I breathe.

Logan brought his face closer, his soft lips brushing against my cheek, "Sweetheart, it's not good to lie." He said, smirking. "Tia's a bit timid therefore she doesn't want people to know we're dating."

'Oh, he's a smart little cookie.'

"I'll be leaving."

When Josh began walking in a different direction, Logan loosened his hold. I glare at Logan, "You're such a cheater." I scowl, frowning.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Logan, Tia, be quiet."

"Jesus Christ, it's like a cat and dog is fighting," Matt said, sighing. "What's the matter?"

"Him." I grimace, directing an accusing finger at Logan. "Before in the car, he and I made a bet. It's short and simple, the first one to win a date and a one-night stand to tonight's event at Lake Douglas, is a winner. Now, I was about to win the bet but no, no, Logan Sutherland interrupted because he's a cheater."

"I am not a cheater."

I smile, "Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater had a wife and could not keep- Humph...." Before I had the chance to end the sentence, I felt someone place their hand over my mouth.

"Be quiet, love," Ian instructed, grinning - in return. I pout. Ian took me into his arms and I felt a bit of comfort. "We need to be auditorium in a short while or we'll be in trouble."

"I might not be because I-I might have to answer an important call...." When I looked in Taylor's direction, there was a gentle smile on her face. I observed her from head to toe, she was radiating with happiness.

'I wonder....'

"You seem quite cheerful, Taylor." Logan said, in a teasing voice, "I wonder if whether or not it's because of what's happening at tonight's event."