CHAPTER 38: You're Different Now

Start from the beginning

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I grumble, walking to his car.

Once I am in the car, he started the engine before driving around our majestic, white fountain, and through our long entrance - which had towering pine trees on the left and right. Then through the black gate, and onto the road.

"Your mansion is big for two people."

"Bigger is better." I smirk, slyly, with a wink.

"I can't disagree." He agreed, wiggling his brows.

It was silent in the car, and it was quite unusual because whenever I am in the car with Matt, we talk and talk.

"Matt, what's wrong?" I ask.

"You've fallen in love with Logan, right?"

His straight forwardness caught me off-guard. "I-I...." I stammer, turning to stare out the car window.

"Tia, answer me."

"Yes." I whisper.

"Tell me what happened."

I took a deep breath, "I was in Perth for dad's and mum's death anniversary, I-I thought I'd visit them, alone. But in the end, it didn't go according to plan because Logan was there. Matt, the moment I saw him, the walls I had built, came tumbling down...."

I broke into a gentle smile, when I felt Matt lace our fingers together, "Then, what happened?"

"T-Then, we had sex at the hotel...."

"What!" I hear Matt scream, in shock. "Tia, no, no that is terrible. You and Logan slept together, oh god. What if, what if he'll start thinking he's won the bet?"

"But he's won the bet, Matt!" I declare.

"I know...." He said, sighing.

"What should I do?" I ask, unsure.

"Be firm, be indifferent." Matt said.

'Heard it before....'

We Matt and I arrive, I look at the clock in the car. It read 8:15 AM. "Thank god." I said.

Lowering his car speed, Matt drove through the WMC gate - before driving toward a parking space. Once Matt's car came to a stop, I unbuckle the seatbelt I was wearing.

"Good morning." I overhear a familiar voice, speak.

"Ian." I smile, cheerfully.

Being the sweet, gentlemen Ian is, he'd open the car door. Ian took a small step back, letting me to step out of the car.

"Hey Taylor!" I said, the second I saw her stand next to Ian - with a cheerful smile on her face.

"Tia!" She said, as she brought me into a tight, bear hug. Once she broke the hug, she started, "Ian, Matt. Tia and I need to talk about an important matter, au revoir." Without a second word, she started hauling me in a different direction.

"Jesus, w-wait." I stammer.

A little while later, when the coast is clear, she didn't walk further. Instead, she turns around to face me - with a serious expression on her face.

"Tell me about what happened."

"Well, Logan and I started talking about Perth, and the night we were together in the hotel room." I began, "He said it was a mere one night stand. W-Which I shouldn't fret about because him and I are friends...."

"No more, and no less, right?" She said, concluding the sentence.

"H-How?" I ask.

"When Logan and I first had sex, he said it was a mere one night stand. He said he thought of me as a friend, no more and no less." She said, explaining her predicament, frowning. However, in a second, a smile took over, "I don't care because I'm in love with Lucas."