Chapter 46: Sochi Counterattack

Start from the beginning

Xu Xizhou installed the steering wheel, put down the goggles of his helmet, and gave him an OK gesture.

Five minutes later, qualifying officially began.

The Sochi circuit is a fairly modern circuit in the Formula One circuit. It is most famous for its unique, 750-meter-long left-hand turn. This corner is a test of the mechanical grip of the car, and it also has very high requirements on the judgement of the racer.

Xu Xizhou started skillfully, came to Turn 1 through the straight, passed the full throttle, and then followed a long straight. Xu Xizhou stared straight ahead, and when he entered the second turn, the huge centripetal force pressed against his neck, causing suffocating pain.

He frowned slightly, and he was so distracted for half a second that he made a misjudgment when exiting the corner and almost rushed into the buffer zone.

In this qualifying match, he had an unprecedentedly difficult drive. He clearly realized that his body had not yet adapted to the rhythm of the track. When speeding on the straight, his hands and feet seemed to be imprisoned and he could not let go.

When the qualifying results came out, he did not enter Q3 and could only start in tenth place. It was his worst qualifying performance all season.

Parking the car back to the safe area, Xu Xizhou got out of the car without taking off his helmet, and went straight to the lounge.

The team manager followed uneasy. When he arrived at the door of the lounge, he was hesitating whether to knock on the door to comfort him when a low voice suddenly came from behind him.

"Let me do it."

The team manager turned his head and saw Zhuang Jingchun appear, his eyes suddenly lit up. He is not a fool either. He has long seen that the relationship between Zhuang Jingchun and Xu Xizhou is obviously not a simple relationship between investors and racing drivers.

With Zhuang Jingchun around, Xu Xizhou might be in a different state.

"Boss, I thought you wouldn't come to the Sochi game." After all, Zhuang Jingchun is still busy with the company, and it is impossible to stay in the team every day.

"I will watch the remaining three games." Zhuang Jingchun nodded at him and pushed open the door of the lounge.

There was no light in the room, and a bulge on the bed could be vaguely seen. On the bedside table was Xu Xizhou's helmet, and the two blue numbers on it were particularly conspicuous. Zhuang Jingchun walked over slowly, put her finger on the number eighteen, and gently rubbed it, as gentle as she was stroking her lover's face.

"I heard the results of qualifying, you have to get up for dinner no matter what."

Hearing this sound, the lump on the bed moved, and the boy's muffled voice came from the quilt.

"How did you come to qualifying?"

He didn't want Zhuang Jingchun to see such a bad performance at all.

"I took an annual leave. I'm free for the next two weeks."

Xu Xizhou snorted, slowly got out of the quilt, and sat down on the bedside dejected.

"You are so busy that you also have time to spare." He teased, but there was no smile in his eyes.

"Xu Xizhou." Zhuang Jingchun suddenly called out his name.

"When the game in Sochi is over, I'll give you a week off, and you can play as you want."

Xu Xizhou snorted softly, and finally had some expression on his face.