Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Xu Xizhou rubbed his eyes and sat up from the sofa in disbelief. He was dreaming. Why did Zhuang Jingchun suddenly return to China?

Before he could speak, Zhuang Jingchun threw a box over and almost hit him in the face.

Xu Xizhou caught it in a hurry.

"My mother gave you a New Year's gift."

Xu Xizhou opened the box and saw that there was a gray woolen scarf inside, which was extra soft and warm to the touch.

He touched the scarf, his nose a little sour.

"Okay, don't look so moved, do you have food at home?"

Xu Xizhou put the scarf back in the box, and said at a loss, "Uh... There are only quick-frozen dumplings in the refrigerator."

"You eat this kind of unhealthy food all day?" Zhuang Jingchun frowned and stared at him with some anger.

Does this guy have the self-awareness of a professional racer?

"I didn't eat it all day, I just ate two meals. I also order takeout occasionally..."

Xu Xizhou's voice became smaller and smaller, and finally he stopped talking and lowered his head in shame.

"Sorry, I was wrong."

Zhuang Jingchun took off his coat and sighed.

"Why don't you stay at the Lu family for a few more days?"

"It's embarrassing that I live there as an outsider." Xu Xizhou scratched his hair and stood up from the sofa.

He remembered that the coffee table had not been wiped, put the broom aside, and was about to find a rag, but was stopped by Zhuang Jingchun.

"You don't have to do these things. I'll call housekeeping tomorrow."

He rolled up the sleeves of his sweater and walked straight to the kitchen. Xu Xizhou followed curiously and saw Zhuang Jingchun take out a piece of tenderloin from the freezer and cut the shredded pork skillfully.

He widened his eyes in surprise. He thought Zhuang Jingchun could only cook French food, but he didn't expect that he could even cook Chinese food.

"What are you looking at, come and cook the noodles."

Xu Xizhou sighed, walked over quickly, and boiled water on the pot rack. He was cooking noodles on this side, and on the other side, Zhuang Jingchun heated the pot, poured oil, and fry the shredded pork. The rich aroma suddenly overflowed the whole kitchen.

Xu Xizhou stared at the mustard shredded pork in the pot, and swallowed without image.

"Look at some noodles." Zhuang Jingchun reminded him.

Xu Xizhou nodded, but from the corner of his eye he was still staring at Zhuang Jingchun's movements. Even standing in front of the gas stove, Zhuang Jingchun is still handsome and elegant, with a straight posture, a white wrist showing under the black sweater, and turning the spatula flexibly.    Watching the man put the shredded mustard on a plate, Xu Xizhou's eyes brightened, his head unconsciously leaned over, and suddenly something hit his head hard.

"The noodles are going to be mushy." Zhuang Jingchun said word by word.

"Fuck me, can you do it lightly?" Xu Xizhou retracted his neck angrily, rubbing his head with one hand, and stirring the noodles in the pot with chopsticks with the other.