| 41 |

──────────────────

──────────────────

Misun ran to stand in front of him, squinting her eyes as the rain was flashing down at her. "Heeseung, what happened?"

He sobbed more hearing her words coming out from the one who hadn't spoke to him in forever. She didn't know what to do, but yet she was worried and her heart had sunk deep for the one who seemed to be so down. Misun looked at his face, eyebrows furrowing. His hair and his clothes were drenched. Misun's were soon to be soaked too.

She stepped closer, reducing the empty space in between them, placing one of her hand on his face, and the other on his arm.

"Hee-"

Heeseung violently clinged onto her. She dropped the object she was holding and her eyes widened as she tried to comfort him. He didn't have gentle grasp on her, but clenched his hands onto her clothing. His weight on her brought them both down with Misun sitting on her legs and Heeseung still holding onto her. She tightly held his head to her chest, hearing his sobs.

Misun kept silent, patiently hugging him back and waiting for him to say something.

"My mom." He said, his voice sounded very hoarse.

"I met with my mom earlier." Heeseung finally faced his head up at her.

"She doesn't want me anymore, permanently." He continued talking, trying his best not to burst into tears again.

"She's going to mail my birth certificate and all documents like that to me." Heeseung couldn't help it with tears falling again. "She... she doesn't want me as her child anymore."

Misun's mouth parted as her grip onto him tightened more, caressing his hair, and placing her head on top of his. "I- I'm so sorry, Heeseung."

So that's where he went earlier. The 'someone' that Jungwon had mentioned was his mom. Heeseung really needed her right now and Misun was glad she had been the one to find him. They occupied the floor with Heeseung sort of laying down and her hugging him. Misun's clean hair, body, and pajamas were all now soaked. She did a good deed for lending him someone's hold.

Why does the world need to be so cruel to them?

"Misun, please don't leave me."

"I won't, I promise. I'll stay for however long you want me to."

After some time, Heeseung regained consciousness and dried his eyes. He also realized that his weight probably pushed too much pressure onto her and brought himself back into in a sitting position. Misun helped him get up to walk inside the house with her arm linked across his back and the other grabbing his arm to be around her neck.