| 24 |

──────────────────

──────────────────

"My mom, Lee Minjung." Heeseung said, looking back at the atmosphere.

"She was the one who sabotaged my life."

"We were all barely fresh into high school when this happened. My friends and I got back to my house so late, it infuriated my mother. In front of jungwon and them, my mother slapped and yelled at me countless times that I don't remember the amount. She was the only one that was abusive in my family. I became vulnerable and weak by all those times she did something to me."

Heeseung's hands were shaking as his breathing became heavier too. Misun was listening attentively and grabbed his hand, she held it in an awkward but comforting position. She didn't know how to correctly display her comfort.

"She became abusive only at the start of sophomore year. I still don't know the reason to it. My parents were arguing everyday and night, nonstop. My dad left the picture but he is still in contact with only me. He explained that he couldn't take it anymore and that he'd wish he could've taken me too, but was afraid that worse would happen. That's when I got introduced to belift by Jungwon. I lied to my mom, saying I was going to dorm for school when really it was for belift. She let me go, only because she didn't want any of us anymore. That day when she slapped me in front of my friends, I immediately told them to leave. I was embarrassed, I wouldn't consider her my mom anymore."

Heeseung tried very hard to not let a tear drop but instead, he saw a glimmering water drop from his left side. Misun had a tear drop down her face.

They both must have split personalities, going from loathing each other, to being vulnerable and emotional with each other.

She was sorry for him, knowing his mother figure wasn't so great after all. She refused to look back at him. That was her second time letting water fall from her eyes in front of him. Heeseung was quietly worried for her.

"Kim Misun, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry you had to endure that." She said. She's never experienced such pain from a parent figure, but felt the pain through Heeseung's words.

"It's alright, don't have pity for me, please." Heeseung told her.

Lee heeseung, behind your book cover is a past of unfortunate events. We're both alike, you're just like me. We both are the same in many ways. You unraveled your trauma to me, the trauma that you didn't need to go through. Why the both of us? What did we ever do wrong.

Heeseung felt her head on his shoulder, "Kim Misun?"

She fell asleep as Heeseung saw her leftover tears and wiped them. He stared at the sky again as he dozed off along with Misun. Their hands were still glued together, leaving such a lovely scenery of them both. Unbeknownst to them, a camera shutter was made from afar.