| 40 |

──────────────────

──────────────────

The bell rung, meaning that school had ended. Misun had spent her free period as time to study again in the library. Reading, writing, highlighting, crossing out words, it was all on repeat for her. Every student who had been in the library left already, she was the only one whose papers and books were everywhere. The phone that she had faced down on the table buzzed.

hong boreum

boreum
where are you?

misun
in the library

boreum
the rest of us are already packed up.
we're waiting outside for you

misun
you guys go ahead.
i'll walk back home, i still need to study

boreum
are you sure?

misun
yeah, i'll be fine.

boreum
alright, we'll see you later

She sighed miserably as she placed her phone back down. Misun grabbed a ponytail from her bag and tied her long black hair up. She was in the zone again, feeding her brain when it had already been overfed and needed a break.

Hours passed by when she didn't notice. Misun turned around, hearing a shuffling sound behind her. It was the librarian who was working at the front desk.

"We're going to close the library soon." They told her nicely.

"Okay, I'll be on my way out." Misun politely answered, but really, she wanted to stay. She picked her phone again and her eyes widened at the time.

It's been 3 hours since she had been in there. She knew the sun was going to come to an end too, so she hurriedly left the school. "Crap." She muttered under her breath.

Misun inhaled the fresh air around her, walking with her hands holding her backpack straps. If anyone attempted to hurt her on the way, she wouldn't have to worry because she knew how to defend herself physically. Throughout her walk home, she'd never realized there was a park nearby.

She paused in her tracks, viewing at the kids who were playing on the swings with their parent pushing them. Misun smiled warm heartedly, wishing she had a childhood that had included a memory like that.

Just as she stepped foward to continue her trip, a white with orange spots stray cat peered at her foot. The cat looked cute making Misun smile and bend down. "You don't have any fleas on you, do you?"