"You're back at the top." Boreum said, whispering in excitement.

"Yeah..."

After the class ended, students had left the classroom and a crumpled paper was seen in the trash bin. The name on the paper belonged to Kim Misun.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

"Hey, I'll be at the library." She told Boreum, leaving the classroom. Her best friend nodded and shifted her head into the pillow she had to take a nap.

The last class they had was a free period, meaning they could do whatever. You can either study like Misun, or rest up like Boreum. Many of the other students decided to take a nap on their desks. After an exhausting day of school, they could all take a break.

Misun strided towards the library with her backpack on. The library had two levels, she liked going on the second one. She had a specific spot she loved to study at, it was near the railing of the balcony. She chose that spot because there was a window next to that area where the sunlight beamed perfectly down onto the table.

She enjoyed her time studying. Misun heard the doors of the library open, along with chatter afterwards. She had the perfect view of the people who were on the floor below her.

It was heeseung talking to a school mate. That school mate was a girl. Misun became more annoyed as high pitched giggles were heard from the girl. There was that feeling again. She actually didn't know what she felt, but happiness wasn't any of it. As a result, she grabbed her earphones from her bag and plugged them in her ear.

Be my only one..

The name i want to call you by

Let's hold hands and walk alon-

The song started playing in her ears. She felt more at ease but all of a sudden, Heeseung took out her left earphone making her flinch and tense up.

"Hey relax, it's just me." He said, sitting on the chair next to her.

Misun grabbed her earbud back and plugged into her ear. She sighed and continued doing her work. That soon ended when Heeseung kept bothering her. "What are you listening to?"

To prevent him pestering her any more longer, she took out her left earbud once again and plugged it into Heeseung's left ear. She used her hand to face his head the other way. There was no way a left earbud would match up with a right ear so that's what she did.

Misun was so casually attaching the earbud to his ear while Heeseung's breath hitched from her being so close to his face. Her spot was indeed perfect, Heeseung saw how the sunlight outside shone on her face.

"Only by Lee Hi?" He asked, looking into brown eye's sparkling.

"Mhm, now let me please study quietly." Misun said, turning her focus on her papers.

Heeseung knew this song all too well. He liked this song as much as Misun did. The song holds such a great meaning. The verses and pre-choruses describe how a person is searching for a specific person, how they bring light and happiness to their life. It also included promises that explain how that person will do better if they are by their side, no matter what obstacles they would go through.

He remembered watching the music video for this song. He recollected how he had seen the two people dancing together. Heeseung came to the sudden thought and paused the music from her phone.

"Wha- why'd you stop it?" She made the mistake of thinking he wouldn't bother her again.

Before he said anything, Heeseung grabbed her wrist and lead the both of them to the back where all the bookshelves covered up that spot.

"What are you doing?" She asked softly. Her tone with Heeseung lately had been loving and caring.

Heeseung grabbed both her hands, placing one of them on his shoulder and the other holding his hand. He then put his hands on her waist, making her release a small yelp from her mouth and felt her back tense up and move from the sudden contact. Misun was definitely confused with the actions that were made by the person in front of her.

"The chorus is about to start." He smiled down at her.

──────────────────

a/n : i love the song only by lee hi. i also got the idea for this scene bc i was imagining it in my head while listening to the song earlier😙