CHAPTER 45

The next day, when we all woke up, Harry had already gone to the Ministry of Magic with Mr. Weasley for his hearing.

Everyone was so stressed out as they awaited them, yet I kept wandering around the house, finding weird magical artifacts wherever I went.

But at last, I came upon a room I had never been in before. Hesitantly, I opened its door and walked inside, coming across the Black Family Tree.

I stared up at it, reading every name with great precise.

I also saw the name of Sirius's brother, Regulus, who had died sometime around fifteen years before I was even born.

He deserved a better ending, I thought as I remembered how he had sacrificed his own life in order to find one of the Horcruxes. Regulus had died a hero, yet everyone thought that he had done it for nothing.

Beside Regulus's name, I saw a huge burn mark that I assumed belonged to Sirius, and my heart gave a painful ache at the thought of his horrible childhood. I wouldn't blame him for trying to run away from home when he was young.

I looked up at the names pf their sisters, Bellatrix, Andromeda, Narcissa and their mother too.

Atleast Andromeda is good but others–

"Hello there." I looked around at the voice.

Sirius was standing at the doorway with a smile. I smiled back.

"Wotcher?" He asked as he came me and stood beside me.

"Just looking around and found this room." I said gesturing to the room.

"You probably know about my incidents with my family and all." He murmured, looking at the wall.

I nodded. "Yeah*

"Guess I don't need to tell.... although I'll tell to Harry about this.." he looked back at me and smiled.

"You should." I nodded with a smiled.

He looked back at the wall and sighed then looked at me with a smile. "Let's go shall we?"

I nodded and we walked out of the room.

The house seemed empty and no sound could be heard as we left the room and closed its door behind us.

As we walked down, I could see how stressed Sirius was.

He was apparently too stressed over Harry's hearing that he felt messed up; because I knew a part of him wanted the best for Harry and wanted for him to return to Hogwarts, though part of him secretly wanted Harry to stay there with him.

"Sirius," I called out and stood beside him. "Harry's going to be alright. They're gonna let him go."

By those words, Sirius's face quickly lit up. "R-really?"

"Yeah," I nodded happily.

"Thanks," he quickly hugged me. I hugged him back and he sighed. We then pulled away and smiled. "You really know how to cheer someone up."

"Promise you won't tell anyone I told you this?" I grinned.

"I promise," he grinned back and winked.
------------------------

After a few hours, the door to the house opened and Harry and Mr. Weasley came in, with the good news of Harry being let off.

"I knew it!" yelled Ron, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!"

"They were bound to clear you," said Hermione, who had looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry had entered the kitchen. "There was no case against you, none at all!"

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," said Harry, smiling.

Mrs. Weasley was wiping her face on her apron, and Fred, George, and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went, "He got off, he got off, he got off-"

"That's enough, settle down!" shouted Mr. Weasley, though he too was smiling. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry"

"What?" said Sirius sharply.

"He got off, he got off, he got off—"

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely," said Sirius. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

Only God knows how much I wanted to talk to them about it, to let it all out, yet kept it to myself like always.

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner"

"He got off, he got off, he got off -"

"That's enough - Fred - George Ginny!" said Mrs. Weasley, as Mr. Weasley left the kitchen. "Harry dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast..."

I stood up to help Mrs. Weasley set up the table as everybody else was too busy either dancing, or gloating over Harry.

"Thank you, Ashwini, dear," Mrs. Weasley smiled at me as I carried the plates over the table, but I could feel her eyes on the back of my head as I passed on the plates.

When I returned, I caught Mrs. Weasley giving a knowing look and she smiled.

"You know, I've been hearing somethings..." she started, handing me the forks.

I gulped at those words and immediately looked away, taking the forks to the table and setting them down.

"I've heard that you and Fred are... well... something of an item?"

I took aback at those words and avoided her gaze as I went towards her to collect the goblets.

"Oh, it's alright. No need to get uncomfortable about it around me," she laughed and shook a hand reassuringly. "I just didn't thought that you were the type to go out with... well..." she sighed, glancing at Fred who was still going in circles like an idiot as he did the war dance.

I giggled at the disapproving expression on Mrs. Weasley as she watched him. "He's way different than the person he lets out," I muttered with a grin, saying it mostly to myself.

"Other than a trouble-making idiot, you mean?" said Mrs. Weasley, turning on me to make sure I wasn't joking.

"To be honest, in a way... so am I," I shrugged, still grinning.

"Well... as long as you two are happy..." Her voice trailed off into a warm smile as she carried the food trays toward the table and placing it in front of everybody else.

Sirius, who had looked rather pleased at first when I told him the good news about Harry, seemed to be getting gloomier. Obviously, the realization that he was going to be left alone again had hit him hard.

"Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you," said Ron happily, now dishing great mounds of mashed potatoes onto everyone's plates.

"Yeah, he swung it for me," said Harry.

I saw Harry wincing as his scar hurt, but none of the others had noticed a thing; all of them were now helping themselves to food while gloating over Harry's narrow escape. Fred, George, and Ginny were still singing.

Ron said happily, "I bet Dumbledore turns up this evening to celebrate with us, you know."

"I don't think he'll be able to, Ron," said Mrs. Weasley, setting a huge plate of roast chicken down in front of Harry. "He's really very busy at the moment."

"HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF–"

"SHUT UP!" roared Mrs. Weasley.