CHAPTER 30

"Professor Dumbledore! I need to speak with you" I exclaimed as I entered his office.

He looked up from his book and looked at me with a smile.

"Long time no see Ms.Kumar" He smiled kindly.

"Same here professor. Now, I need to talk." I said, going towards him.

"What is it about?" He said, leaning back on his chair, his eyes sparkling.

"About Cedric. He's going to die and I need to save him."

"But why? Do you have any love intrest-"

"No, not love but that he's a friend of mine and also he is very young and he can't be dead, he didn't do anything wrong so..."

"Very well, do you have any idea on how to?"he asked, calmly.

"Yes, yes I do." I said, sitting on the chair.

"Well then, I guess I have to listen to it, but if it won't be good then, Cedric has to die."

--------------------

The last task is here.

I walked in the common room after having breakfast with the golden trio, I didn't saw the twins or Lee in the morning.

Where are they?

I stopped in my tracks when I saw them sitting in the sofa, painting their faces, but it doesn't look good.

"What is that?" I walked towards them.

"Art" George said, showing off his art.

"You call that art?" I chuckled.

"Do you see us holding a mirror? No." Lee exclaimed.

"Fine, but Lee and George's look okay but you Fred, what-"

"Well as Lee said, we're not holding a mirror so we can't see. If you're so good, go on" He placed the brush and paint on my hand.

"Fine" I scoffed and sat beside him.

I strike the paint over his cheeks but it was not so good, so I moved closer, placed my left hand on his lap and the right one working on his cheek.

I leaned closer and started to do my work.

When it was done, I smiled and looked at him. I didn't realise how close we were.

His breath hitting my forehead and I blinked. We looked at eachother for a moment when I cleared my throat.

"It's done" I said awkwardly, keeping the things on the table and got up.

I looked over to George and Lee, their jaws were wide open.

I looked around and ran up to my dorm announcing them that I need to get my jacket.

That was something.

I shook my head, got my jacket and went down. We all went down to the field where the third task was going to take place. Everyone was there, from Mr. and Mrs. Diggory to Bill Weasley and Mrs. Weasley.

I gulped at the sight of Cedric's parents, and my heartbeat even got faster as I spotted Cedric as well.

I know I did meddle with time, we had it planned now, I just hope it works.

My thoughts still on about the thing we did, will it work? It has to. Nothing other will happen right?

"You okay?" Lee asked as I sat down, but I didn't reply.

When the last task had started and the four champions disappeared into the maze, I simply couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't sit there and wait for Cedric's dead body to appear along with Harry.

I sat there waiting patiently. Even tho we did planned, I can't get my mind out of the sight of the thing which will happen. Hope nothing bad happens in return.

I want to go home to my family, I thought desperately, a tear rolling down my face. I couldn't bear staying there now that I knew what Voldemort was planning to do, yet a part of me saw it my duty to stay. I was shaking with a kind of fear I'd never felt before in my life.

I don't know how long I was sitting there, drowned in my own dark thoughts, but I froze on my spot as I heard horrifying screams from the field. And with that, I just knew.

It had happened.