CHAPTER 21

Fred, George, Lee and I were sitting in the Great Hall on the day that the new term had started, talking our way through lunch time.

"Don't get me wrong, I think Hagrid's amazing," Lee started, "but he can't teach to save a life."

"I think he's awesome," said George. "I mean, who else would breed Blast-Ended Skrewts in their own garden?"

"Can you imagine some of them getting loose at Hogwarts?" Fred said with a mischievous grin. "It would be bloody brilliant!"

"What did he teach you today, anyway?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

"Thestrals," Lee answered. "They were pretty cool actually; mainly because we couldn't see them. They can only be seen by people who've seen someone die."

"Oh! Which reminds me; I've been dying to ask someone this for ages!" I started excitedly, putting my goblet down and turning to face them. "Can the Thestrals see each other?"

The boys were quiet for a few seconds before George said, "I... wow... I really don't know, Ashwini."

"I mean... they have to be able to see each other though." I said.

"Why do they have to?" Lee questioned.

"Well, because how on earth would they be able to make babies if they can't really see each other!" I exclaimed.

The boys sniggered at that. "Honestly, Ashwini. What's going on in that brain of yours?" Fred asked, helping himself to a few chocolate chip cookies like he always did.

"You really don't wanna know." I said honestly.

There was a minute of complete silence that Fred put down his fork, dazed, before saying, "Merlin's beard! Can they see each other!?"

"I know, right!?" I huffed in frustration, chuckling afterwards.

"By the way, speaking of Hagrid," Lee started. "Did you read what that Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid!? It was brutal! I mean, we knew he was probably half giant, but to write it out for everyone..." his voice trailed off in annoyance.

"How is she doing it, though?" George mused. "How could she have heard such a private conversation?"

Lee and Fred shrugged, meanwhile I said nothing, sipping on my drink in silence.

•••••

"

Ashwini, I need to talk with you..now" Dan said hurriedly.

"Uh..oh okay yea" I said worried, packed up my stuffs and followed him.

I was just sitting at the library, alone doing my work when Dan busted in and called me.

What does he want to talk about? Why does he look so worried?

He walked up to the astronomy tower and we sighed once we reach.

"Why...why...are we here?" I asked breathing heavily.

"I need to tell you something very important" he said, rubbing his hand.

"Alright, what is it?"

"I need you to first relax..here come sit" He patted at the seat on the circle shaped thing.

I sat down worried at his condition.

"Promise me-"

"First tell me what is it. I can't keep that promise" I said, looking at him worriedly.

"Alright then. I know who you are. Your a Muggle and not just a Muggle, you're a Muggle with no magic at all" he said.

I looked up at him shocked, my heart started to beat loudly and I frowned.

"H-how.."

"Wait there's more" he sighed, kneeled down infront of me. "Your a girl, who has come from the future by someone and you know everything about this world and what will be happening in the next moment."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. He can't be serious. "What are you talking about? D-don't fool me-"

"I'm not fooling you. I know everything about you. And what I'm going to say in the next second might give you a heart attack.... I'm your pet dog Shiro, the white shih tzu with brown spots it's me..your Shiro"