CHAPTER 27

"Where are you going?"

I bit my tongue, shit.

I turned around slowly and smiled awkwardly at the Fred, who was standing behind me with his arms crossed.

"Where are you going?" He asked again.

I cleared my throat. "To meet someone."

"Who?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"...Dan" I said.

His eyes started to shift in a different glance and he stood straight. "Oh..okay"

I smiled at him and turned around but he stepped forward. "Don't be late"

"Of course not" I smiled and walked out of the common room.

I sighed and walked towards Dumbledore's office to meet Dan. I didn't told the twins and Lee beacuse I didn't felt like it but Fred caught me today, hit it's okay.

I saw Dan standing at the entrance of the statue. He was wearing a normal casual clothes. He waved at me once he saw me. "Where you going somewhere?" I asked once I reached him.

"I'm coming back from my date" He grinned happily.

"You better show her to me. You're still my dog" I said and turned to the statue and saod the password.

"Don't call me dog" He whined, following me up to the office.

"But you are" I signalled him to shut up and knocked on the door.

Seconds later, the calm voice of Dumbledore saod "Come in"

I opened the door and was surprised to see Professor Snape and Mcgonagall.

"Oh, Ms. Kumar what a pleasant surprise, and who is that gentleman?" He smiled.

"Oh..uh I'll come back lat–"

"No I think it will be good if they also hear it" Dan entered the office and grinned at them. "Hello I'm Dan"

"Hello Dan" Dumbledore chuckled.

I looked at them, entering the office and slowly closed the door behind me.

"What is it that Ms.Kumar and a new boy is here?" He asked.

The professors looked at us confused.

"Uh..we are here to tell you about some" I said.

"For that I'll take maybe 1 hour of your time, hope you don't mind" Dan chuckled.

"Of course not, sit" Dumbledore smiled at him and gestures us to sit at the sit in front of him.

We sat down, greeting professors.

"It's about her, so let's start shall we?" Dan grinned.

Dan told them about everything, each and everything A to Z. Who he is, who is my great great grandfather and my magic and my family. Everything.

Mcgonagall and Snape were sitting there in total shock that they were mumbling to themselves some words which I can't get it.

While Dumbledore was as usual sitting with a calm face.

"I'm very glad that you told me this" He smiled. "But I really would like Ms. Kumar to not meddle into situation, if it's very serious then only she'll come."

"Every situation that will be going to happen is going to be serious " Dan said in a very serious tone. "But I respect your decision as you are just like my master but if she wants to then she will"

"Very well, that will do" Dumbledore sighed.

"Thank you professor " He smiled.

"It's no issue."

"So, wilk we tell the professors about her?" Mcgonagall asked.

"Yes, I think it's best if we do so." Dumbledore nodded.

"Alright " She nodded.

"We'll bes off sir" Dan smiled.

He smiled back and we walked out of the office.

"My back" I stretched my body for sitting down stiff for an hour.

"Jezz girl, you're old so faster?" He sniggered and started to walk.

"You fathead!" I slapped the back of his head, he whined. "C'mon and stop whining."

I smirked when he silently started to walk beside me.

We bid goodbyes and I entered the common room.

"What took you so long?!" I jumped, looking up to see Fred staring at me with wide eyes.

"Huh?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"You were out with Dan...it took quite long. Where were you two?" He asked suspiciously, looking at my... chest.

"Eyes up here mister!" I snapped my finger and directed him to look at my eyes.

"I-I wasn't looking... looking at your chest, I was looking at you neck" He cleared his throat to ease the tension.

"You perv!" I exclaimed with a playful scoff and sat on the sofa.

"No! I didn't meant it like that!" he quickly said and sat down beside me.

"Uh huh" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Stop joking. What took you two so long?"

"We were hanging out just" I said, sitting comfortably on the sofa.

"Where?"

"No where, just at the astronomy tower you know" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"But why there?" He frowned.

"Why do you care?" I raised my voice a bit accidentally.

"Beacuse I'm your friend and as a friend it's my responsibility to look after you" He sighed, clenching his jaw.

"Well, I'm old enough to look at myself, thank you" I said irritatedly.

"For fuck sake! You're 14 Ash!" He raised his voice.

I closed ny mouth as I was about to say such a thing which will make me feel like an idiot. I was about to say that I'm 18 and not 14. Thank God I didn't.

"Well?" He raised his eyebrow.

"So what if I'm 14? That doesn't mean I can't do what I want...what do you think I will do anyways?" I raised my rught eyebrow.

"I don't know alright. People do things when they starts to get feeli-–"

"Wait wait - what!?" I looked at his shocked.

He looked at me and blinked.

I scoffed. "Fred, Dan has a girlfriend already"

His lips made an 'O' shape and he started to avoid my eyes.

"So...? You want to say more?" I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him.

"Um..n-no. Sorry" He sighed, looking down.

"Sometimes you gotta know things before speaking" I shook my head.

"Sorry Ash" He mumbled.

"It's fine" I smiled.

He looked up and smiled back at me.

"Let's go for dinner hmm?" He asked.

"Yep I'm starving!" I exclaimed and jumped up from sofa.

He chuckled and we walked down to the great hall.