CHAPTER 38

For the next few days, Mrs Weasley was thrilled and very sad about Percy going away.

Words had it that he had moved to London in some apartment. Mrs Weasley always went there to talk to him but he did just shut the door at her face.

Hermione and Charlie had also came and when they asked about Percy, Mrs Weasley would burst in tears.

Today we were all ready to go to the new headquarters, which I knew and no one else, exept the elders ofc.

Everyone was asking where we were going but Mrs Weasley shut them up.

When we reached the main road, the knight bus came and we got up and sat down on of of the side.

"Memorize this one by one" Mr Weasley said as he took out a piece of paper from his pocket.

Last was me and I took the paper, and started to memorize

The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix can be found at number twelve, Grimmauld pace, London.

When I memorized it and handed it back to Mr. Weasley, he took and set it on flames with his wands.

Everyone was so confused as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley led us to the other side of the street.

"Now think about what you have just memorized," said Mr. Weasley and we all did.

And the next moment, out of nowhere, a house started to appear between number eleven and thirteen.

This is it. This is Grimmauld place, I smiled to myself at the sight of the house.

"Quickly, get inside, everyone," Mr. Weasley rushed us all inside the old walls of the house.

"What is Order of– "

"-Shush, Ron!" Mrs. Weasley cut him off. "Not here. We'll explain everything once we're inside."

It was exactly as I had read in the books: the grimy fronts of the surrounding houses were not welcoming; some of them had broken windows, glimmering dully in the light from the streetlamps, and paint was peeling from many of the doors.

"Welcome to the headquarters," we all turned around at the voice, seeing Dumbledore standing at the end of the hall, beaming at us.

But as he saw the kids still looking at him in confusion, he went on, "We decided to have this place as a safe house as somewhere we could have our small meetings. And I must ask you this," his voice became very stern, "this will stay between us, and us only."

He then turned his eyes on Ron and Hermione and said, "and that means that I want your word as to not tell Harry about any of this, until the time is right."

"But, Professor-" Hermione tried to protest, but Dumbledore beat her into it.

"-your word, Miss Granger."

Hermione hesitated at first, but then said, "My word, sir."

"And you, Mr. Weasley?" Dumbledore's eyes twinkled down on him as Ron nodded silently.

"Yes, sir." He mumbled.

"Very well, now that that's out of the way, let me introduce you to the owner of the house" Dumbledore said, gesturing to the surroundings.

"This is a house?" Ron mumbled looking around.

"Ron, shut up this is serious" Mrs Weasley whispered.

"I heard my name" All our heads turned at the voice, seeing a man coming down the stairs.

"AARGH!" Fred and George yelped, taking a few steps backwards.

"That's - is that - that's Sirius Black!" Fred let out, pointing at him in horror.

"It's rude to point, Weasley." I grinned. "Get it together. He's innocent."

"Well, well," Sirius beamed, walking towards me. "Someone who defends me before actually meeting me. Is the world coming to an end?"

I stared up at him with glimmering eyes as he chuckled. I couldn't believe that I was seeing him before my own eyes. Sirius Black had always been my ultimate favorite character.

"H-hi," I stummered, automatically raising my hand for him to shake. "I'm Ashwini."

He was surprised by my actions, but he then chuckled lightly again and took my hand.

"Ah, yes. Dumbledore's told me about you, of course," he said brightly, shaking my hand, finally looking into my eyes. "You probably know me, but I'm Sirius Black."

"Of course " I grinned.

"You know him?" Fred whispered.

"Yes of course, no one can forget the mass murder Sirius Black." Sirius said dramatically.

I chuckled, he chuckled back and then soon everyone joined.

"Now, that's that," his eyes fell upon Crookshanks's basket which Hermione was carrying in her hands, the look on his face suddenly softening.

"Here, give Crookshanks to me," Sirius offered with a little smile, moving forward to gently take the cat's basket from Hermione. "I'll take care of her."

After opening Crookshanks's basket and setting the cat free, Sirius led us all upstairs and proceeded to show us to the guest rooms.

The Grimmauld place was so much bigger than the Burrow that we fitted well into the rooms. Hermione, Ginny, and I got an enormous place to ourselves and Fred's and George's room was next to ours.

Bill and Charlie had joined us as well and took a whole room to themselves. Although they were only planning on staying at Grimmauld Place temporarily, seeing as they both had to leave soon and attend to the Order's business.