CHAPTER 20

On the weekend, a visit to Hogsmeade was arranged. At first I was looking forward to going there with Fred and George, but seeing as they were nowhere to be seen and Hermione wasn't on speaking terms with Harry and Ron, the two of us decided to go there together.

The school had offered its fond to those of us who couldn't afford to buy dress robes. So after helping each other to buy our dresses from Gladrags Wizardwear for the Ball, we then walked to the three broomsticks and drank and then left.

The night of the Yule Ball, the girls' dormitory was a mess, as everyone ran around, trying to get ready in a rush of excitement.

I was wearing a long lavender dress, letting my black curly hair down, I applied some makeup borrowing from the girls and also wore a silver pendant which had a light blue stone on it, Dan gave it to me at the last moment, I refused but he said that itake it as a friend's gift so I did.

I wore one of my white heels which I had in my luggage

As Hermione and I walked towards the Great Hall, I felt my stomach lurch, excited that I was living my greatest fantasy and my wildest daydream.

When we finally reached the Great Hall, Hermione and we parted as she went to say hello to Krum, who was delighted to see her.

Not too long after, Dan spotted me and a broad smile appeared on his face. He came towards me, placing a charming kiss on my knuckle. "You look beautiful tonight, Ashwini."

"Thanks," I grinned. "You don't look too bad yourself."

"I'm always handsome " He flipped his invisible long hair.

I chuckled and shook my head.

Just then, the doors to the Great Hall opened and all our jaws dropped in awe at the beautiful sight. The ceiling was enchanted as snowflakes fell from it gracefully.

Dan and I walked inside with my hand wrapped around his arm and took a seat around a table along with his other Durmstrang friends.

Other than the delicious food that was magically served, I found myself growing slightly bored after our meal was over. But my mood was suddenly picked up as they asked us to get to our feet, ready for the dance to start.

It was a magical moment, as the music started playing on cue and the champions started to dance. And then one by one, everybody else joined in.

"Would you like to join me, Ashwini ?" Dan offered me his hand and I took it gladly, walking with him to the dance floor.

I shivered as his warm hands grab onto my waist and then we started swinging around to the music. Soon, everyone else started to join the dance floor and thus the Ball started.

But for some reason, my eyes were wondering around, only stopping when I found Fred in the middle of the crowd, dancing with Angelina Johnson.

When he caught my eyes, I gave him a thumbs up, because he had managed to ask Angelina out, even though deep down I wasn't as happy for them as I thought I would be. But in return, Fred looked away without even a mere smile.

I felt an ache in my heart that I couldn't shake away. I was so distracted that I almost stepped on Dan's foot.

"Easy, you okay?" He asked checking me.

"Yeah I'm fine, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm always fine" he winked at me.

"Idiot" I shook my head.

We walked to the table and sat down. "So..do you like that Weasley boy?" He gestures to Fred who was sitting with others.

"No..and his name is Fred" I said.

"I know, just teasing you" he smirked.

"Anyways, any letter from your girlfriend?" I asked with a smile as his cheeks went red.

"Yeah, she's fine. She is jealousy because you're my date for the ball even though I did told her that you're my friend, but" he shrugged.

"Hmm, I can tell" I chuckled.

"Did you like the dress?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"Uh..I-I mean, that you like it right? It's really pretty " He chuckled nervously looking at the fabric.

"Yeah of course I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it" I said, stroking the cloth, looking at him suspiciously. "I like the pendant tho"

"Yeah, I knew you did liked it." He smiled. "It's really precious "

"I can tell" I looked down at the shining pendant.

The weird sisters song started to play and we went to the floor and started to dance. We threw our hands up and danced like it's never ending.

We chuckled sitting down on the seat breathing heavily.

"I'll bring us drinks" Dan said. I nodded and he walked off.

I sighed heavily looking around, the hall was almost empty, some were dancing, talking or bored.

"Enjoying your time?" I looked over at the voice, it belongs to Fred.

"Yes, what about you?" I smiled.

"Yes. Angelina just went to the bathroom, so I thought I should come and see you" He sat down on the seat. "You're looking very pretty" He said.

I smiled at him. "Thanks and you're looking very handsome" I said while dusting some dirt off his black coat.

"Thank you" he smiled then his smile fade away. "May I ask, who gave you that pendant?"

"Dan."

"Ohh, so are you two a–"

"Drinks are here!" Dan came and gave me the drink.

"Thank you" I said, taking the drink from his hand.

"Oh, Fred! I didn't knew you were here, I could have brought another one" Dan said with his eyebrows knitted.

"Oh no don't bother. My date is here, I should go" He said, getting up.

We waved at him, he waved back and went off with Angelina.

"I think he likes you" Dan said, piercing his eyes into Fred.

I looked at him and shook my head. "how can you tell"

"I just know alright " He said, sipping the drink. "Last dance for the day?"

"Why not" I smiled. He grabbed my hand ad we walked to the dance floor.

We did our last dance and after that we he accompanied me to the common room and bid eachother goodnight and with that I went to my dorm tired.