CHAPTER 16

The next day, we had our classes and after classes, I went to the library.

After the talk with Dan last night, I went back to my dorm after completing my assignment, ate dinner with others and slept.

I didn't told about him to anybody.

I was not really expecting Dan to be there the next day but he was, sitting at the same place ge was yesterday, writing something on his parchment.

"Hey" I said.

He looked up and smiled immediately, keeping his parchment away quickly.

"Hi" He said and patted at the seat next to him.

"Were you busy?" I asked, sitting on seat beside him, gesturing to the parchment he had.

"No no, it's nothing" He chuckled, keeping away the parchments in his bag.
"I didn't expected you to come"

"Really? I thought I didn't expected you to be here" I chuckled, he chuckled back.

"Well, I'll be always here whenever you call me" he smiled down at me.

I smiled back.

We then started to talk about our interests.

We sat there for the next hour, but got out of there and walked through the corridor, as Dan told me all about Durmstrang and I listened with interest, secretly hoping that I could visit other Wizarding schools one day.

At last, Dan accompanied me back to the Gryffindor common room. And so, with a light bow of his head, he bid me goodbye and left my side.

I couldn't wipe away the smile from my face, as I said the password and walked through the portrait hole and into the Gryffindor common room.

But I was startled by a voice which called out to me, "Back so early from your date, Ms Kumar?"

And turning around, I saw Fred, George and Lee standing in a dark corner, their arms folded as they narrowed their eyes down at me.

Oh, boy. We are in trouble.

I chuckled nervously. "Date? What date?" I said acting as hard as I can and walked towards the stairs but they were fast and stood in front of me.

I sighed in defeat.

"Don't act fool" said Lee, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, not so fast" George crossed his arms too.

"So..what were you doing with the Drumstrang boy?" Fred raised his eyebrow.

"Talking" I said but knitted my eyebrows and looked up at them. "But how did you three know?"

"We have connections" George and Lee said together, side eyeing eachother.

I looked at them suspiciously when Fred cleared his throat.

"Ugh..fine. His name is Dan"I started speaking, sat down in the arm chair and them on the sofa. "He asked if we could talk a bit" I shrugged.

"He asked you on a date, not to talk" Said Lee.

"No, like are you guys serious? How can he aske me on a date when we just met yesterday?" I asked with an obvious look.

"Uh...well, it can anything from his side you don't know" George shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, yes, cause now that I was seen talking to him, it probably means that we're gonna get married next month."

"I knew it!" George gasped dramatically and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"So what if we were talking?" I shrugged. "There's no harm in an innocent chat."

"There is no such a thing as an innocent chat!" said Lee grimly.

"Yeah! You can't hang out with him!" Fred blurted out, who was suspiciously quiet throughout this conversation.

"And why not?" I folded my arms.

"Because - because," he thought a bit before saying, "Guys, back me up here!"

"Because we're your friends and you have to tell with us before you go around snogging strange people!" said George.

"Snogging?" I repeated in disgust. "Okay, first of all, I don't want to go snogging him just because we were talking. "

"George doesn't meant it like that, right George?" Lee looked at him , telling him with his eyes to agree with him.

"Um yeah yeah!" George nodded quickly.

"You're guys are something else" I rolled my eyes and was about to get up when they stopped me again. "Now what?"

"Will you go with him another time?" Lee asked.

"Um.. maybe I don't know" I shrugged.

"Well, Don't " They said together.

"What? You guys are ridiculous. Can't I be friends with someone else. I can and you three can not stop me from doing so. So, if you'll excuse me I have more things to do" I smiled sarcastically at them and walked away from there.

Before going fully up to the stairs, I heard them talk told you not to meddle in it. See what you did?

I shook my head and got in the dormitory.