Sneha Sameer Maheshwari

Naina had been worried for whole day and she barely had any sleep last night. She could not help but think about him and his sudden vanishing. Naina opened her heavy eyelids, feeling exhausted with the fact that she didn't have any sleep last night did not help either as a headache building up at the right side of her forehead. 

The first thing she did was checking on her phone expecting a call or a message from him but to her dismay there is no sign of Sameer. She looked at the sleeping little one relaxedly clutching her hand tightly, "Sameer abhi tak vaapas nahin aaye... pata nahin ab dobara kabhi unse mil paaungi bhi ki nahin... aur Nehu jab puchhegi toh usko kya jawaab dungi uske sawalo ka... kam se kam ek baar Nehu se toh mil kar jaate aakhiri baar..."

Naina felt a lump grow in her throat, she swallowed to push it down, but it didn't budge, she sucked in deep breath and looked out through the window, she felt her eyes sting as her vision blurred. She was hoping to see his face first thing in the morning, but it turned out her dream now. Her heart grew heavy, and she felt alone, the little happiness she has been getting from past few days of watching his smile and flirty acts, while roaming around her, vanished without a trace and she felt so cold that she shivered. She closed her mouth to avoid making any noise, caused her tears which were already forming in her eyes to drop, while she fought to get a hold of herself.

Passing some more time, she half-heartedly stood to get freshen up and gets ready to face the challenges that how will she reply when little one will ask about Sameer. What will she reply to their neighbors and others, to whom Nehu introduced Sameer from last two days.

Naina coming out from washroom was all lost in drying her wet hair with a towel when heard slight commotion from outside. She quickly rushed towards the door with a contented smile expecting Sameer to be back but only to be disappointed when she found not a single sign of any human at the door.

She walked back into the house and went to prepare breakfast but time and again her eyes swayed towards the door as in at any next moment Sameer will enter and starts teasing her with his cheesy lines.

Swati jerked her hand seeing her so lost, "Naina kya hua hai tujhe... mein kab se awaaz de rahi hoon aur tu pata nahin kahaan khoyi huyi hai subah subah..." she said picking up the cup filled with her favorite tea made by Naina for her.

Naina also picking up her cup came out and sits with her at dining table, "voh Swati... mein soch rahi thi, matlab mujhe puchhna tha ki..." she was all loss of words how to ask Swati about Sameer. Just two days back she was confident that she will always stay alone for rest of her life and now she is not able to think anything except him.

Swati placing the cup back at table said, "tujhe yaad hai na aaj tujhe aur Nehu ko kahaan jaana hai ki voh bhi bhool gayi... vaise toh mein tere saath aana toh chahti thi lekin ek urgent case aa gaya hai, so I have to go hospital..."

Naina hit her head slightly in disappointment that how can she forget such an important issue, "shit yaar, mein toh bhool hi gayi thi... thanks tu ne yaad dila diya... chal mein abhi ready ho jaati hoon varna late ho jayenge..."

She stood to go when Swati held her hand to stop, "are you sure tu akele manage kar legi... I mean I wish mein saath aa paati lekin case urgent hai... vaise toh ab koi dikkat nahin hai aur sab sort out bhi ho gaya hai..." she feels bad for leaving her alone to handle everything by her own when earlier she was always there to support her emotionally. But she was happy that Sameer is back in their life and things are not as complicated as before. Little did she know what's going on her friend's mind and heart.

Naina said smiling sadly while tears were burning at the back of her eyes ready to burst at any moment, "Swati, thanks tu ne hamesha mera saath diya hai aur aage bhi hum saath hi rahenge, lekin sachchai ka saamna mujhe akele hi karna hoga... aur phir hum kyun soche ki bura hi hoga... kya pata aane wala kal koi nayi khushi, koi nayi ummid le aaye... vaise bhi kismat se jyaada aur kismat se kam kisi ko nahin milta... jo likha hai vahi hona hai toh ghabrana kya..." saying this Naina patted softly on her hand and left to get ready.