Akele Hum Akele Tum

Naina closing the door behind turned to see the empty room... even though initially when they were not too friendly with each other his presence was enough to give her a relief... and now days they are in good terms with each other... they never go to bed before talking or spending some quality time... they keep talking unless one of them slept, mostly her... but today she is all alone in their room... first time...

दूरियां ही नजदीक लाती हैं,

दूरियां ही एक दूजे की याद दिलाती हैं,

दूर होकर भी कोई करीब है कितना,

दूरियां ही इस बात का एहसास दिलाती हैं!

Naina opened the cupboard and pull out his night wear subconsciously without realizing he is not present there... suddenly reality hit her making sad... giving a soft peck to his dress she left it on couch without keeping it back in wardrobe, getting a feel like he is around here... she walk till his bed and took his pillow in her arms, hugging it and inhaling his scent... it calm her a bit with the smell of him leaving a soft smile on her face... his fragrance surrounds her giving calm to her pain, her loneliness... she lied down on his bed itself keeping her head on other pillow and hugging the one used by Sameer close to her heart feeling him close to her...

Sleep was far away from her eyes...she jerked with the sound of her phone ring... thinking it might be again Preeti, calling her to tease more... without seeing the caller's name she picked up her phone and said, "okay fine... nahin aa rahi neend akele... ab tu aur majaak mat bana mera..."

Her heart sink hearing his husky voice, "kyun... meri bina neend nahin aa rahi tumhein... are you missing me this much?"

She keeps the phone away from her ear seeing the caller's name and blinked hard to realize it's his call... hearing no response from her Sameer called her name again, "Naina... what happen... are you okay...?"

She fumbled replying him, "no.. ya... I mean fine.. very fine..."

He smiled realizing how much nervous she is hearing him, "mujhe laga tum mera wait kar rahi hogi kyunki roj mujhse baatein karne ki aadat jo ho gayi hai, par lagta hai tum sone ja rahi thi... mujhe toh tumse baat kiye bina neend nahin aa rahi thi toh socha tumhein phone kar lun par lagta hai tumhein mere bina neend aane lagi thi... maine disturb toh nahin kiya na..." he asked to tease her more... may be to hear her feeling for him...

She replied instantly without thinking, "nahin nahin... mujhe bhi aapke bina neend nahin aa rahi thi... sachchi... roj aapse baat karte karte sone ki aadat hai na toh..." she stops realizing she blurt out more than she should...

He laughed slowly, "kyun... mujhse baat kyun karni thi... mein koi tumhein lori sunata hoon roj jo tumhein neend aa jaati hai... yaa meri baatein itani bore toh nahin hoti ki tum bore hokar hi so jaati ho... mujhe toh laga tum meri baatein enjoy karti ho..." he laughed slowly imagining her cute angry face on his teasing...

She made a cute angry pout asking, "aapne mera majaak udaane ke liye phone kiya hai naa... meri har baat ka ulta matlab nikaal kar hans rahe hai... it's very bad..." she felt annoyed with his teasing... since morning she is missing him badly and now here, he is making fun of her

Sameer said intensely, "toh tum kehna chahti ho ki tumhein sach mein meri yaad aa rahi thi aur tum mere phone ka wait kar rahi thi... isiliye abhi tak nahin soyi na... jaise mujhse nahin soya gaya tumse baat kiye bina... sach kaha na maine"

He paused for a moment finding silence from other side, "Naina, agar itni yaad aa rahi thi toh tumne phone kyun nahin kiya mujhe... mujhe laga tum khud phone karogi par shayad tum busy thi Preeti ke saath... thank god tum akele bore nahin huyi na... aur driver aa gaya tha na tumhein lene ke liye, kuchh pareshaani toh nahin huyi... ghar par sab theek hai na" its first time he left her alone, feeling more worried for her