20. Take the hints

Start from the beginning

"Nothing but the best for my fiancé," I can't help but smile at that.

I sigh and run my hand through his hair as I relalise I have to talk to him about the quell, "Peeta, about the..."

I clasps his hand over my mouth so I can't speak, "Not tonight. We'll talk about it tomorrow as I don't want to think about anything but you and me. Right now what happens in the future is not important. As long as you are ok that's all that matters to me." I nod as I know how he feels, if I could avoid the subject forever I would. "Now why don't you go sit in front of the fire and I will bring in the cheese buns?"

"Okay," I say with a smile before giving him a quick kiss and heading in to the front room to light the fire. Its getting dark outside so I quickly light the fire and light the candles that are around the room too.

"Ooh its lovely and toasty in here," Peeta says as he walks in. I blow out the match and head over to sit my the ire where Peeta is placing down the food. "Ok so I thought we could have a little picnic. Cheese buns to start and then marshmallows to roast over the fire. What do you think?"

"I think it sounds amazing," I sit down in front of him with the fire to my side and pick up a cheese bun. They are gorgeous. Lovely and crispy on the outside with soft bread on the inside with little chunks of melting cheese as they have come straight out the oven. "Mmmm I don't know how I ever lived without these things." I manage to say between mouthfuls.

"Hey what can I say you just didn't know what you were missing," Peeta winks. I roll my eyes at him but he just laughs.

Oh well here goes nothing. "Peeta have you ever thought about having kids?"

"Surprisingly yes. Being able to have someone to bake with..."

"Hey! You never ask me to bake with you!" I say sticking my tongue out.

"Katniss you tried to make toast and burnt it?" He says shaking his head.

"Oh yeah. Sorry carry on," I say after realising I asked for a reason and I interrupted him.

"But anyways being able to teach them how to bake, playing with them and just being able to see a little happy smiling face and think, they're mine." He smiles as he thinks about it and you can see how much it actually means to him, "but it probably sounds stupid."

I reach forward and place my hand on his knee, "It doesn't sound stupid at all," I smile, "My dad taught me how to shoot and to be able to teach my own little one would be nice."

"What do you think you would have? A boy or girl?"

"A boy first and then a girl I think." The boy a mini double of his father. "Call it mother's intuition."

"Nice." Oh come on Peeta pick up the hints please! You're sure as hell not making this easy! "I'd love either."

"Even now?" I say dropping another hint.

"It wouldn't matter when, they would be ours at that is all that matters."

I shuffle over so that I am sat as close as I can be to him, "Good," I say smiling.

"What changed your mind Kat? I thought you said you didn't want kids if they had to live here in twelve?"

"Yes well they wouldn't quite be in the same predicament we were in, I mean with both its parents being victors and all." He looks as me as if still unsure so I take his hand and place it on my stomach, "This changed my mind Peeta."

It takes him a second to realise but a big smile appears on his face when he does,"You're...? "

"I'm pregnant Peeta," I say finishing his sentence.

****

Ooops I have an exam tomorrow yet here I am writing once again!

I don't know why I just could see Peeta bring quite oblivious to Katniss's hints but well I hope you liked it :)

-Alannah xxx