His Type (Ace)

For olver11608. Sorry it took so long! This also turned out a little different than I originally planned, but I hope you enjoy it anyway:)

Warnings: Reader is Eyeball's sister, very brief mention of abuse, swearing.

"Y/N, do me a favor and stop staring at Ace before you start drooling."

You whipped your head around to look at your brother so fast you heard something crunch in your neck. "What?!"

"I get that you're obsessed with him, but this is pathetic," Eyeball said.

"Fuck off, you're pathetic."

"I'm not the one lying in the grass getting a sunburn because I'm too busy staring at my crush to notice anything that's happening around me."

"Because you don't even have a crush, which is even more pathetic."

Eyeball condescendingly patted your head. "Whatever you say, cupcake."

He walked away, back to the other Cobras, and you buried your head in your arms. He did have a point, unfortunately. Here you were, lying in the grass on your stomach, watching Ace as he and the others worked on cars.

Under normal circumstances you'd be helping, but thanks to one of your dad's rage fits your arm was in a cast, so you couldn't do much. Staring at Ace had seemed like a good way to kill the time. You hadn't thought anyone would notice, but he was just too damn pretty, so of course you'd forgotten about everything around you, and given your stupid brother an opportunity to tease you about your stupid crush on his stupid best friend. It was a wonder the rest of the group hadn't noticed anything yet.

Or had they, and you just didn't know they knew? You shook your head. Better not think about that. The situation was embarrassing enough as it was.

And you had every intention to make it more embarrassing by continuing to stare at Ace. Better to have Eyeball make fun of you than die of boredom, and Ace certainly was the most entertaining sight available to you at the moment.

But when you lifted your head from your arms to resume your staring you found him already looking at you, and quickly averted your gaze. Why the hell was he looking at you? If Richie told him anything you were gonna kill the bastard. He had promised to keep your secret!

After a few seconds you risked looking in Ace's direction again. His focus was back on the car before him, and you breathed a sigh of relief. It had probably been nothing more than a coincidence.

But you wanted to be sure, so when you got your brother alone for a moment later you asked him, "Hey, you didn't tell Ace anything did you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"About... You know."

"What, that you're head over heels in love with him? No, of course not."

"It's just that I thought he was watching me earlier. And I can't think of any other reason why he would do that."

"No? I can."

You crossed your arms over your chest and glared at Eyeball. "So? And what reason would that be?"

Eyeball shrugged, grinning. "The same one you have for staring at him all the time."

"That he's the prettiest guy on earth?"

Your brother rolled his eyes and groaned. "I can't hear it anymore. But what I mean is that maybe he's got a crush on you too."

"Yeah, that's likely," you scoffed, voice dripping with sarcasm.