Halloween Special: The Ugliest Pumpkin Alive (Ace's sister)

"Y/N, what the hell is that?"

You turned to look at your brother who had walked up behind you, a confused look on your face.

"What is what?"

"That."

Ace pointed at the pumpkin you had worked so hard on.

"That's my jack-o'-lantern for Halloween!"

You held it up for him to get a better look, but the expression on your brother's face left no doubt he didn't think much of your masterpiece.

"C'mon, Ace! I know it's not exactly the prettiest but it's not that bad!"

Upon seeing the pout on your lips Ace made an effort to downplay just how hideous the pumpkin really was.

"No, no, it's not that bad. 'course not. Once you look a little closer you can actually tell it's supposed to be a..." Shit. He had no idea what the chaotic shapes you had carved in there were supposed to display. "...a pumpkin."

You glared at him and he sighed again.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Princess, but I have no idea what the fuck you tried to carve there. Maybe just... try again on the back?"

You groaned, setting the pumpkin back on the table with a heavy thud.

"Ugh, I know it's ugly but do you have any idea how difficult this is?! Go and carve your own pumpkin if you think you can do it better than me."

Ace laughed.

"Never said that. And I sure as fuck ain't gonna waste my time trying to carve a stupid pumpkin. Anyway, I'm gonna meet up with the others now, do you wanna come or would you rather stay here and disfigure that monstrosity even more?"

You got up, throwing a murderous glare at your poor pumpkin, and followed your brother to his car without a word.

During the drive you had an idea.

"Hey Ace, you know what? We should all carve pumpkins together! I bet I'm better at it than any of you," you said.

"Are you fuckin' serious?"

"Yeah! C'mon, it's gonna be fun!"

"Y/N, pumpkin carving is for little kids," Ace insisted.

"No, it's not! You're just scared that I'm better at it than you."

"Bullshit."

"No? Okay, then there's nothing stopping you from doing it."

Your brother sighed.

"Fine, we'll ask the others if they want in on your childish bullshit. But if they say no you're gonna stop getting on my nerves about it. Deal?"

"Deal."

Ace had been sure there was no way the other Cobras would agree to carve pumpkins with you, but he had underestimated how convincing you could be. It took almost no effort to talk them into it, to the point that Ace suspected a few of them might actually secretly be thrilled about the idea.
All you had to say was "C'mon, we'll make it a challenge" while giving them those damned puppy eyes and already they agreed.

Ace had no choice but to accept his fate, and it wasn't long until all of you sat in the backyard with a pumpkin in front of each of you.

You immediately started carving again, not bothering to actually plan out what your pumpkin's face should look like. You'd figure it out as you went.

Of course you had to hollow it out before you could start on the actual face, which you did very quickly and sloppily.
The boys got to work too, and as time went by and the carvings took form it quickly became apparent who had artistic talent and who lacked it, and you clearly fell into the latter category.

When everyone was done you lined the pumpkins up next to each other to rate them.
Yours looked abominable with it's crooked features, especially next to the one Eyeball had made, which was a real work of art as he had successfully carved the Cobra mark in it.
The others looked much better than yours too, but you had a smug grin on your face nonetheless.

"Ha, I won," you exclaimed.

"Uh, no you didn't," Charlie objected. "Your pumpkin is ugly as fuck."

"Exactly. We never said what the goal of the challenge is."
You shrugged, and, after the boys only gave you confused looks, added "I decided the challenge is Who can make the ugliest pumpkin alive. Therefore I won."

"You know what that's called, Baby? Cheating," Ace informed you.

You stuck your tongue out at him.

"You're just angry that you lost. Your pumpkin is way too pretty."