Imagine Eyeball saying ily for the first time

"I love you, doll."

You stared at him in surprise for a second or two before breaking into a big smile.

Even though you and Eyeball had been going steady for a while now he hadn't yet said these words to you even when you'd confessed that you loved him.
It wasn't a problem, you knew he wasn't used to showing feelings, wasn't used to having feelings, and he'd shown you you meant a lot to him in other ways, but actually hearing him say it made your heart beat out of your chest with happiness.

You leaned in to place a soft kiss on your boyfriend's lips.

"I love you too, Richie."

He smiled back at you, an honest and gentle smile that almost no one ever got to see. No one except you.

Holding your chin he pulled you in for another kiss, longer than the one you had just given him but just as gentle.

"Why so affectionate today?" you wanted to know when your lips separated again.

He shrugged.
"The guys 've been up my ass 'bout how much time I spend with you, say I'm going soft. And they're right, I'm so whipped for you I don't even care what they think. 'n I thought it's only fair to actually let you know it."

You fought back the urge to coo at this. Even if he said he didn't care what others thought you knew your boyfriend would not appreciate it if you called his behavior cute.

Instead you pressed another kiss to his lips, followed by another and another until you were in the middle of a full-blown make out session.