Chapter 2: First Day - New Encounters [part. 2]

Comincia dall'inizio

We had a thirty-minute break in the middle, so Alisha and I went to the campus bookstore to buy our books. I noted the different prices on my Smartphone to calculate the money I needed to spend. The books were expensive... ridiculous. I studied in nursing so, no other choice.

The checkout's lines grew in an instant that I preferred to return during my lunch break. I will have much more time because we got only eight minutes left before going back to our class and I needed the bathroom. So, while Alisha waited in line to pay, I went to the restroom.

When I got out, I almost bumped into... Jaebeom? I wanted to go right and then left, but instead we blocked each other. Timid, I didn't know what else to do.

He stopped on the spot and with a genuine smile he said "Sorry" while showing me the way to pass. I replied a "Thanks" and joined Alisha to return to class together.

During the last hour, I daydreamed about Jaebeom as I remembered the sweet smile he gave me earlier. Even if it was not the first time it was rare. Just like that I ignored the good-looking teacher, lost in my most precious thoughts of the day until eleven o'clock.

Lunchtime!

Heading to my locker, I saw Jinyoung was already there.

"Hey."

"Hey! It's also your lunch break?" Jinyoung said turning to me.

"Yes. Right now I need to hurry to the bookstore if not I will eat later."

"Hmm, I don't think you'll be able to, though. I've walked by the bookstore to come here and the waiting line is full. You're going alone?"

"Yeah... my friends... are... umm busy."

"So, you don't mind eating lunch with me? I don't have the same lunch break as my friends."

***   

Jaebeom's pov

Only having a ten- minute break between my two classes, I hurried to the men's restrooms while touching my bloated stomach. I walked by the bookstore to meet with a sea of people waiting to enter and buy their books. My phone vibrated in my pocket; I got a text from Junior.

|Hey. Guess who's my locker partner? Hint: female gender.

|Lol. Not in the mood to do any guess right-

"Oh!" I blurted out as I almost bumped into someone.

Into her.

We stared at each other while trying to go our own way. Then, I stopped and let her go, showing her the way while saying sorry. She responded with a "Thanks" and then left with her friend. I jumped when my phone moved in my hand again, almost dropping it to the floor. My hand's tremors were the ones to blame... so sudden.

|Waiting for your answer. You're boring.

|Heading to the restroom. Later.

Now in a better state, I got ready to return back to my class. A buzz had me take a look on my cell phone again to read another text from Junior.

|Lol you and your digestive problems. Hyung, why were you pissed off earlier?

|Nothing. Stop texting and listen to your class...

|Stop lying, I know you...seolma?... because of the girl?

I exhaled in pure annoyance and didn't bother to respond. However, this guy knew me too well... I saw another text from him.