Chapter 21: Mental Discomfort

"Uncle Mark, let's play again!", Kylie said cheerfully while pulling my arm. She's a girl full of energy.

"I can't play again, Kylie. I have to get change, but I promised to comeback right after. Go play with your mom, ok?"

I couldn't see her expression, but I could feel it...i've made sad.

"Come to Mama, Kylie. Your uncle has to get change to impress a girl.", Tammy joked and she enjoyed it.

I splashed water on her before getting out of the pool, running away like i've caused a mischevious action.

My two sisters decided to stay for dinner and, I didn't really enjoy it. They could embarrass me in front of Melanie.

Grrrr...

Walking inside, I smelled the delicious mixed savours of the food my Mama was making with love. My stomach started calling for it as it made weird noises...I felt peckish suddenly.

I showered myself asap, taking out any trace of chlorine left on my skin. That odor was so chemically strong, it hurted my nose. I felt so clean after.

I dried myself and went straight to my room to get dressed.

While touching the fabric of about thirty tops hanging in my wardrobe, I easily recognised one of my favorite t-shirt. It was soft on my skin and not too itchy.

When I shop, I'm usually with Jackson or JB...I don't like Junior choices of fabrics. Maybe the clothes are really pretty, but for me, the fabric is the most important. Still, it doesn't mean I don't care about nowadays trend; Jackson and JB are my eyes.

They say white and red are the two colors that fit me the best.

White is purity, innocence, snow, ice, cold....

Red is anger, fire, heat, passion...love. That's how I distinguish them.

In my head, it was a odd combination though...they're like the completed opposite.

I choose some comfy joggings; the fabric wasn't familiar this time. Well, I had a lot of pants, I can't memorize them all. They're all either black or grey, so it should match with my top. I wore it anyway.

Ding Dong!

I sprayed some of my favorite cologne like I used to.

I dry my still wet hair with my towel, but it was no use. They'll dry by themselves. Jackson once told me I looked sexy with wet hair. Melanie would like it, maybe. I should be fine.

"Mark! Melanie's here!" My dad's strong voice echoed until my room.

I can't wait to see her...

***

Arrived in front of Mark's house, with the little puppy, I pressed the doorbell.

Looking down, my mind went away, still thinking about that conversation with Jackson.

"Ahh, Melanie. Oh, you look pretty. Come on in." I immediately gave Mama Tuan my natural smile like if nothing happened earlier. I went to greet Papa Tuan, who was nearby.

New faces were also present.

A young woman, probably in her late twenties, saw me and came to me. Her facial features were familiar.
"Ah, Hi! You must be Melanie, right?", we shook hands.

"Yes, it is."

"I'm Tammy. Mark's sister. Nice to meet you." She had the same smile as Mark. They really looked alike.