Chapter 34: Just A Friend

"Ya, Kim Yugyeom! Throw me the ball!" Jr shouted at him. Not listening again, the mischievous boy went solo, leaving his partner behind and made two points.

Yugyeom suddenly caught eye-contact with Jr and started running away from him while laughing like a happy child.

The other team, Jackson and Bambam watched them with an annoyed face; even though Jackson was good in basketball, his partner Bambam wasn't. Adding to that, Yugyeom was a giant compared to them, and Jr was also very good in basketball.

Melanie chuckled on the side, looking at the both of them running around the court like two little children. Yugyeom almost fell on the slippery ground, filled with autumn leaves with Jr showing a smile of satisfaction. They were like Tom and Jerry, seriously.

JB was supposed to come soon with his cousin from South Korea. And Mark, Melanie had no news of him since she talked to him this morning, only 10 seconds. You call that talking ? He only responded with a "see you later!" She kept questionning herself cause...he was too excited and too much in a hurry.

She called him two other times, but no response. They used to spend the weekend together cause Mark was busy during the week with school and Melanie could only see him during the late hours of the day.

If not, she would go cheer up Jackson at his fencing practice, or annoy the two youngsters and Jr at the convenience store, or watch JB at the dance practice since she couldn't fully dance yet.

She had too much free time and she wanted to spend it with him as he was now her priority.

While the two teams continued to play, well it was more like Jackson running around the court, screaming "AAAHHHH!!!", afraid of the giant baby Yugyeom trying to grab him for doing a foul. These boys sure gave her life. She smiled sweetly watching them.

JB and his cousin could be seen from afar. The guys saw them and stopped their game. Melanie stood up from her seat to join them.

"What's up guys! That's my cousin Youngjae."

"Oh hi!" Youngjae exclaimed in a loud confident english.

Jackson and Bambam greeted him with a "What's up man!", while Jr and Yugyeom went more with a calm and relax attitude, saying "Annyeonghaseyo." to make Youngjae feel more comfortable and started conversing in their native language.

Jackson and Bambam looked at each other. Jackson spoke to him, "Now you know how I feel everytime these koreans speak in their language. That's when I need Mark the most..." and ended with a funny face, faking a cry.

JB heard him and chuckled while patting his shoulder and his eyes then met with Melanie's.

"Uh Youngjae, that's Melanie. Melanie, that's my cousin Youngjae."

"Hi!" she waved sweetly with her friendly smile.

"H-H-Hi." Youngjae stammered and suddenly blushed, becoming shy. He felt a little intimidated.

JB gazed around, "Mark didn't come yet..."

Melanie shook her head, deceived. JB had an idea of why he wasn't there; he surely was with Emma. Talking about him...

"Oh Mark!" Bambam said while pointing to his direction, making everyone turn their head.

"He came with Gui Gui?" Jr asked as he already saw her when she came by to his store with Mark.

Who's that Gui Gui? Melanie thought tilting her head while looking at the pretty blind girl coming with...her man. Her heartbeat started pacing faster...