Chapter 68: Bosom Buddies

"Where are we going, Jackson?" JB asked as he guided them to some place.

In this late Saturday afternoon, the guys had to attend Chris Brown's concert later tonight but Jackson called them earlier so they could meet sooner. He had a surprise for them, he said. When they rode the bus earlier, the path seemed quite familiar. Then, as they walked in the streets , getting close to Jackson's destination, they frowned.

"The dance studio?" Junior altered his steps remembering the last time he visited that building.

"Come on! Faster!" Jackson did with his arm. He looked so excited they wondered the reason.

When they were all in front of the door, Jackson handed out a piece of paper to JB.

He moved to the side so JB could get to the door. "Please, go ahead."

JB unfolded the paper and four numbers were written on it. An electronic lock was on the door and he glanced back at Jackson, perplexed. This last one nodded telling him to enter the code.

After composing the numbers, a green light along with a confirmative sound got him to pull the door open, and the others followed behind. Jackson ran passed them to turn the lights on.

"Surprise!" He shouted with his two arms in the air.

JB and Junior's eyes wandered in all the corners of the place. They were speechless. Meanwhile, Mark stood next to them waiting for any reaction as he didn't exactly know what was going on.

"What... How... Who... You... Uh?" they expressed trying to comprehend the visible changes in front of their eyes.

The broken mirror had been repaired. Aside from that, an ivory white tone colored the walls which were of a faded white paint before. The other wall across the long mirror was covered with a red faux brick wallpaper along with a flat screen TV on it giving a contemporary look.

The red oak hardwood floor, now waxed, shone under their feet. New speakers hung above at each corner of the room that improved the quality of the sound. Three ceiling fans were installed above their heads; they wouldn't have to worry about sharing a lonely fan for the entire room. The studio definitely got rejuvenated.

"This is a gift for JB's success, from my father. He made a payment arrangement with the owner and add some extras," Jackson confessed. He jumped on the red couch and rested there comfortably. "Say something guys," he shouted.

"Is that really the dance studio?" Mark asked.

"Yeah," Jackson replied.

"I can't recognize it. It doesn't feel the same." 

"Don't worry. Once we, bunch of guys, come here dancing and sweating our asses off, the smell will come back."

Junior puffed out his cheeks. "So your dad paid for my mess?" he said faintly as if he talked to himself.

"Yeah," Jackson confirmed proudly. "One day he asked me curiously why you kept coming to our house for practice and I told him what happened with the dance studio. When we came back from Toronto and I told him JB was selected as a JYP trainee, he wanted to congratulate you properly. He thought about the studio and said if this studio helped JB on his way to becoming a rising star, it could help other young people too."

"So, we can come here again?" Mark concluded.

"Yeah boy!"

The trip to Toronto, the hotel, and now this. JB still couldn't believe it. "Wow," he let out, "your dad is too generous." He swallowed hard as he felt a bit uncomfortable accepting all the things he did for him.