Chapter 33: Past & Present

Autumn slowly approached as it began to be a little windy and cool in the mornings, trees slowly changing their colors from green to subtle orange, yellow or red, one after another.

Starting another fresh weekend together, Mark and Melanie ate breakfast together in a sweet café, near a lake. After that, they went shopping for some stuffs Melanie needed for a family party she'll attend this afternoon.

Wandering around at their ease with arms linked together, they would get awkward looks from people around; only Melanie could notice them. She started to be uncomfortable and tried to hurry her shopping session to get out of here.

They headed to their park before she could get home to get ready for later. She felt better when it was only the two of them; she could be her complete self with him; no judging eyes around. People are so closed mind to some type of relationships, it's pretty sad. Already just imagining herself telling her mother that she sees an asian guy...no she don't want to think about it.

Seating on a bench, Mark was embracing Melanie in his arms, chatting quietly before reaching for her lips. For him, kissing her was one of the moments he cherished the most with her. The feelings he felt through his entire body was unexplainable. Without the use of his eyes, every affectionate skinship moment with her was like a thrilling adventure for him.

Now gasping for air, Melanie rested her hands on his chest with her forehead still connecting to his, "I have to go..." Actually, she didn't want to go as she kissed him again. After few seconds, she broke the loving kiss. "I really have to go now."

"No, don't go..." Mark sulked as he kept his arms around her and kissed her again.

"Now you know how I feel everytime you attend your classes while i'm waiting for you to comeback and be with you again." she said to him with a smile.

"Yes, it hurts! I'm sorry to make you wait, but that ain't my fault."

She hit his chest, "I know that ain't your fault. However, today it's your time to suffer~"

"Don't go..." he pouted to her.

"I have to..." she chuckled.

He pecked her lips one last time and after that, they stood up to get ready to go. Before they could move any further, Mark held her hands and tilted his head down to her. Melanie watched him with sparkling eyes. She squeezed his hands waiting for him as it seemed like he wanted to tell her something.

"I've...never felt something like this before for someone..."

Melanie's heart started to sped up.

He continued "...it's so strong. Everytime i'm with you, just talking or hugging and...kissing, it feels so amazing that I can't properly describe it. I still don't understand why any guy came to you before. Am I weird?"

Melanie's eyes became watery, hearing him saying all these things. It touched her heart; she finally felt special for someone, someone that cared for her. She couldn't explain in words what she was feeling right now.

She stood up on her toes and kissed him tenderly one last time and only said these words, scared to fall in deep happy tears in front of him. "I don't think you're weird booboo." She grabbed her shopping bags and said "Bye."

"Bye bye." he said back softly. Melanie walked backward, still looking at the man of her affection with tears falling on her cheeks. She was so happy with him that she was afraid of something. The experience of finding someone who she's falling deep for and that's the same thing for him. is just wonderful. 

However, she's terrorised that something's might break them apart cause when you are happy, there's always something bad that might break that happiness...and even end it.