Chapter 3: Defend Yourself!

The first day ended; so boring they all went home drowsy. Jackson slept during his two hours of break; he missed his class, so he headed home. Junior waited for Mark after classes and walked back home together. JB made his locker change; he moved out to be with Melanie. Lastly, Melanie got a headache like she predicted it; buying her books had been such a tough time.

That night, JB could not contain his displeasure with Junior's odd behavior... He texted him without end.

|Ya! What's wrong with you? Why did you put me up with her?

|I've already told you the reason though... I wanted to be with Mark... what's wrong hyung ^^

Junior enjoyed teasing him; JB was pissed off, but it was for his own well-being. Seriously, if you liked someone, stop denying it and do something about it. Junior knew JB liked Melanie.

|You're hiding something... Let me come back with Mark!

|Geez, are we arguing over that? Who's gonna be with who? Hyung, you're older than me, but I have to say I'm disappointed -_-

|You're impossible Park Jinyoung...

|You have a crush on her hyung *smiley face*"

|Ani (No)

|Yes

|Ani

|Okay, then I'll just ask Jackson to be with her since you don't want to

|Aish don't do that, that would be rude. Can't keep changing like that.

|Wae? (Why?) You said you wanted to change.

|That's not the point. I don't want her to be with Jackson.

|Why not?

|Because... it's Jackson! It's already a good reason.

|Lol keke... Why you care? You say you don't like her

|So annoying, I'm tired. I'll go to sleep...

|Sweet dreams *wink face*... Noona neomu yeppeo~ (Noona= a name a guy gives to a girl older than him, in this case, it's Melanie. Noona you're so pretty (famous K-pop song from SHINee)"

***

Melanie woke up in the darkness of her room as thick curtains hid the morning rays of the sun. While stretching out, a large grin formed on her face on the first thought of JB. She buried her face on her pillow and squealed. Full of energy, she turned her phone on and danced to Call me baby from EXO at 6:30 in the morning while getting ready. Returning from the bathroom, she grabbed a long black tee-shirt with a red and black patterned leggings and black sandals to wear.

After eating, she left the house. Not too far, Mark walked alone moving his white cane around to find his way. Melanie joined him...

Melanie's pov

I observed him before a word could escape from my mouth; well dressed again and walking around with ease. As I came closer, a subtle masculine perfume brought a smile to my face.

"Hello Mark! Do you... um... remember me?"

"Hi, Melanie."

He said my name? I froze on the spot, "Hi... How... did you know it was me?"

His cherry lips slowly curled up, showing me that same smile of last morning.,"It's your voice, you have a distinctive tone. And... your perfume. The same as yesterday."