Chapter 29: Only Hope

The song should be played at the end.

***

Next morning, JB went to College to attend his first class of the day. He was pretty exhausted by yesterday evening with Pamela working on their movie project.

Even thought he admitted that he had fun with her, it didn't remove the fact that she was still very annoying to him.

He had no news of Melanie since yesterday morning.

Weren't we supposed to talk? If she's not ready yet I won't rush things...

While opening his locker to take his books, something annoyed him. Her things were still there, placed exactly the same way as yesterday...like she didn't touch them. He scratched the back of his neck, head inclined. He decided to text her.

Are you at school now? Just tell me yes knowing you're still alive kk ;) I won't bother you after this.

As he sent the message, he heard a familiar voice coming towards him. It was Jackson; he was literally being pulled by Jr who grabbed his arm tightly, and clearly, he looked annoyed.

"Why are you pulling me like this?? I'm not your dog!!"

Jackson then looked at JB, "JB, tell him to leave me alone! He's acting strange!" Jr wouldn't let him go and he had a serious face. That's not good.

"What's going on?" JB asked curious. Jackson finally escaped from Jr's strong hand and went next to JB, as this last one side-eyed him. The both of them then watched Jr, anticipating his explanation. Jackson frowned, still annoyed by his act towards him.

"I need to tell you something important."

"Ya! Why you haven't take my calls?" JB asked a little irritated.

"Melanie had an accident." He let out without anymore waiting. He sure was more courageous than yesterday.

Seeing how Jr was being so serious, JB's back fell first on the door of his locker, making a big slam sound, resonating in the empty hallway. Jackson gulped noisily and still fixed Jr with his wide eyes. "Where's Mark?" he asked him.

"...I don't know, but he already knows about her."

***

This morning, Mark walked to the hospital. He didn't want to go to class, knowing Melanie was in a coma. Either way, he wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Once he got there, he demanded directions to her room and immediately headed there. In the room, he only heard the monitor quiet noise, but he felt another presence.

"Are you here for Melanie?" he heard a man voice saying to him. He thought he got lost, that's why he bothered asking.

"Yes, i'm here for Melanie. I'm her friend."

The man got up from his seat and came closer to him.

"My name is Denzel. I'm her father."

He came down from another city yesterday night after hearing the bad news. This morning, he came to see his daugher.

Mark knew little on her father; she told him he was her role model and that she liked him very much. So, he wanted to make a good first impression in front of him.