Chapter 27: Heart[sick]

Melissa was getting some cherrios for her breakfast. Busy pouring some milk in her large bowl while checking the news on her cellphone, she heard her sister coming out of her room. She gazed at her discreetly, knowing she haven't act like herself these past two days.

In fact, she stayed in her room all-day long and wouldn't come out to eat. Well, only when nobody was around. Their mom said she was probably studying; you know how hard nursing. Melissa thought the same, but suspected something more.

She walked like her soul just vanished from her body; she was pale and her face wore no expression at all. Plus, she got a cold...don't know how.

"Good Morning!" Melissa expressed lively, trying to bring her sister's happy mood back.

"Good Morning." Melanie answered her in a weak voice, yet she talked with that nasal sound since her nose was congestionned.

"You've caught a cold?"

"Hm." she simply nodded.

"Weird. How can you have a cold in this weather?" Well, she neglected her health a little, "...cereals?" Melissa showed her the cereal box.

"No, thanks. I don't feel like eating...my sense of taste is..."

Not finishing her phrase, she went to take her bag and put her stuffs in, while making some sniffing sounds and trying to breathe with her mouth opened. Having a cold is no fun.

"Okay, I'll go now." she waved at her sister.

"Bye, have a good day." Melissa tried to support her a little.

"Yeah, thanks."

Stepping out of the house, Melanie halted, surprised to see JB sitting on the stairs. He turned his head to her and immediately stood up and gave her his perfect handsome smile.

"Annyeong."

"Annyeong."She walked closer to him, "What are you doing here?" she then coughed few times before looking at him again.

"You're sick?" JB asked simply.

"Just a cold. I've asked you a question first."

JB scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed by the sudden serious tone of Melanie, "I thought...we could walk together since...you know..." JB used to walk with Mark, but after what happened...forget it. Only Melanie, and Jr were left.

"Umm..."Melanie started, avoiding eye-contact with JB. She then crossed her arms and looked back at him again, "Jaebeom...", it was the first time in a while she called him like that. He was a bit surprised at first but remained calm.

"I've thought a lot and I don't think it would be a good idea to keep seeing each other."

Ya, does my mom has done something on you?

"B-but I-I'm with you, i'm on your side. Why? I said I'll take care of you."

"You saw what happened that other day...it's because of me."

"Ayeee, don't say it--"

"Sshhh!" she did to him, "You've lost your bestfriend. I was between you two. And me? I've lost people who were important to me. It's my fault."

JB kept bitting his lips, listening to her words. He understood her, but he didn't want to loose her too. It was mostly his fault, he thought. He came closer to her, "I don't wanna lose you too."

Melanie pushed him, "I think it will be better this way. You should...you should try to fix things up with your friends, especially Mark. Friendship is precious."