Chapter 23: Avoidance

Wonder Girls new album on, I moved my head to the beat. Books wide opened everywhere on my queen bed, a yellow highlighter in my hand and my pc on the side, I studied hard. Well, I tried to be serious.

Homeworks after homeworks and, studying and studying again, I got a lot of things to catch up since I did more interesting things this past weekend...I got to do some research on my patients's diagnosis, treatments, medical care, etc. I needed to be perfect for my ongoing internship cause my supervisor wasn't impressed by my performance of last week. I had no choice to stay focus this week, so...no boys.

This week, I would take the bus a bit earlier than them, so we wouldn't run into each other and, avoided all phone calls of them. I mean, only JB and Jackson. Jackson and me haven't really finished that conversation that other day and, I didn't want talk about it anymore. Jinyoung was the only one I had no problem with.

And Mark, ever since that night, our relationship has upgraded of another level. We take care of each other more than before; we talk like best friends, play like children, argue like husband and wife and protect each other like siblings. I don't know what he has become to me, but now, I know that our friendship is more significant. Because of him, and JB, I can't concentrate on my study. Thinking about both of them...I got two men disturbing my mind right now.

Ding dong!

I was too busy in my room, reading on my precious highlighted notes while eating my oreo cookies and sipping some milk, that I didn't flinch a bit.

Tok tok! My mom did on my room door, head inclined to see what I was doing.

"Your friend is here."

I glared at her; raised my eyebrows up, surprised. I was still chewing my cookie. I wasn't use to have friends coming over at my house without warning.

"Who-o is it?" I faltered, still confused.

She did not answer, went out of my room while saying, "She's here. That's her room."

I had no strength to get up of my bed, so I waited to see who was coming with those boisterous and confident steps. That person must be quite hefty lol. I frowned still curious until I catch sight of a shadow on the floor, and--

"Here you are!" He said cheerfully and thanked my mom after that.

You?!

My mom left, with a suspicious look on her face. He was about to close my door, when I abruptly whispered to him, "Don't! My mom...will think weirdly."

"Why?" He had his usual expressive thick eyebrows and shaking eyes, surprised by my interruption.

"Anyways, just don't close it and, what do you want?" I uttered in a defensive tone, crossed arms, not used to have a guy at my house, in my room. He came closer to me and sat on my office chair, whispering like he was about to tell me a secret, "Why are you avoiding me these days? It's about that conversation, right?"

I let out a deep breath before talking, "I'm really not in the mood to talk about that, Jackson."

He looked down and also sighed. "I just wanted to help you..." he expressed, discouraged by my demeanor.

"I'm okay. I don't need your help. I'll let you know when I'll really need you."

"But, don't you--"

"No, Jackson." I said bluntly.

"Just let me ex--"

"No." I retorted sharply.

"Not even th--"

"Noooooo. No." I pointed my shaking face, so he could understand. He frowned and pouted, not understanding why I was like that. He grunted an "Okay." and "...girls are so complicated sometimes..." I gave him a piercing stare and he immediately shunned me.