Chapter 66: A Blessing In Disguise

The next morning, Melanie woke up in the emptiness of the house. She drew the curtains to be welcomed by a dull sky. By opening the window, a cool breeze entered the room making her lips curling up by the simplicity of nature. The bunch of death leaves on the ground made the scene a bit creepy looking but it was still the beauty of the end of autumn.

Days like today were fun to have once in a while; waking up in a quiet environment and take time for you. Melanie crawled back on her bed and from the corner of her eye, she perceived her phone still charging. She grabbed it and suddenly wondered about Mark's whereabouts. 

It was 9: 45 am. 

"Are you already in class or," she muttered. In a single click, Mark's number got composed.

'Hey, it's Mark. I'm not available for now. Please leave a message and I'll call you back whenever I can. Thank you.' *beep*

"Um, hello Mark, it's me. Today is my day off like you know and I wondered what was your schedule today so we could maybe meet up. Maybe we could eat together. Anyway, let me know whenever you hear this message. Bye bye."

While letting out a deep sigh, she said, "well, let's take a shower first."

After taking a warm shower to wake her senses, she searched for some clothes; tight sweatpants and black long sleeve sweater. 

As she headed to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast, her phone went off. She hurried back in her room and picked up the call. 

"Good morning." She answered.

"Hey, I listened to your message but it won't be possible today. The semester is ending soon and I have works to keep up along with a team project. That's why I invited you home yesterday so we could spend some time together because I knew I would be busy."

"Oh... I see."

"I want to do the most I can during those two days since Saturday I'm going to Chris Brown's concert with the guys."

"Eh? You're going to Chris Brown's concert?"

"Yeah, remember the tickets JB gave me for my birthday? The concert is this weekend."

She remembered now. "Okay then."

"I gotta go now but I'll talk to you soon." 

"Okay, bye bye," she faintly replied.

"Bye." He hung up.

"Well, breakfast," she said while heading back to the kitchen. She opened the door fridge and nothing seemed interesting for a good breakfast. "Today is Thursday... Mom will do groceries after work." She thought about going to a cafe nearby but too lazy for that option she only grabbed a vanilla yogurt and a banana to eat.

Her clothes basket eyed her when she returned to her room. The uniforms she used to go to work filled it up so she decided to do the laundry. No choice. In the meantime, she read her school notes to refresh her mind so when she would restart in January she wouldn't be too lost.