Chapter 76: Make A Change

Today, Sora was at home after deciding to take a day off for work. She had a lot to carry on her shoulders because of her preoccupations. A day of rest would, maybe, help her reorganize her thoughts and take some time to reflect on a deeper level. 

"Wanna join me for lunch? I'm going out," she said to Sooyoung, peeking through her room.

Sooyoung raised her eyes from the book she was reading.

"You really want me to join?" She wondered about her sister's real intention. However, she noticed something different in the way she asked it. The tone wasn't the same.

"I was just asking. If you don't wanna come, then fine. I'll go by myself." 

Sora headed downstairs without waiting for her reply. She grabbed her black coat from the closet and put it on. She arranged the scarf around the collar while making sure her hair was still perfectly styled.

Just then, hurried steps could be heard coming down the stairs. She glanced to see Sooyoung looking at her curiously.

"Why did you even bothered to ask?" Sooyoung needed to test her out. It felt strange.

Sora looked sideways and shrugged.

"I don't feel like eating alone."

They exchanged a silent look before Sooyoung answered with, "I'm coming."

Sora nodded slightly. While unlocking the door, she told her, "I'll wait for you in the car."

They arrived in one of Sora's favorite restaurant; chez Delmo. They mostly served seafood meals there. The theme colors were gray and white with colored designs on some of the walls. Square tables were placed throughout the room with white drapes covering them and sophisticated table sets displayed on them. A great view of many boutiques and buildings from downtown could be seen through large windows letting the natural light of the day lighting up the place.

"Why you brought me here?" Sooyoung asked after observing the surroundings. Almost every single details got her interest. It looked like a five-star restaurant for her.

"Because I like to come here," Sora simply replied.

They ordered their own meals quietly and waited as they sip on their glasses of white wine until the waiter finally came with the appetizers; scallop ceviche and shrimp cocktail. They finished it in less than five minutes. Then, it felt like an eternity for their main dishes to come to them. Once placed on their table, they started eating without much care. They wouldn't talk or even look at each other.

Sooyoung glanced at Sora quite a few times; the silence became unbearable for her.

"This is ridiculous. I can't continue like that," she sighed while putting her fork down.

Sora glanced up from her plate. "The food's not good?"

"Not that. My spaghetti vongole is amazing," she articulated, "I'm talking about us. We are sitting here like two strangers. If mom was–forget it."

Sora put her fork down. "No, you're absolutely right."

"Listen," Sooyoung said, "we have a lot to talk."

"I have been a bad sister, isn't it?" Sora asked calmly. She acknowledged that her past behaviors were to be ashamed of. That expression on her face was last seen when they were both children. It seemed like the past days made her reflect on herself a lot. "Am I that bad, as a person?" she stared straight into her sister's eyes searching for some comfort or forgiveness. It was the first time she showed such dependence and vulnerability which shocked her sister.