Chapter 59: Whoa!

After an hour and a half of waiting, JB's number got called along with nine other participants leaving his friends behind waiting for a couple more minutes or hours. Once in front of the designated room, he looked completely normal while inside his heart raced up until it could possibly explode.

As the others were either chatting, rehearsing their moves and warming up their voices, JB put his earphones to focus on his music. Some stared at him with arrogance feeling the competition. He didn't wait to give them back the cold look.

What does he want? If only he knew what I could do to him...

The annoying stares wouldn't stop so JB tried to read since they were still four people before his turn

The annoying stares wouldn't stop so JB tried to read since they were still four people before his turn. Some wondered how he could look so chill reading on the floor but what they didn't know was that he read the same first sentence over and over again.

"Jaebeom Lim," a woman's voice announced from the room after the previous guy had left. He flexed his whole body now sensing the anxiety trying to take over.

When he stepped inside, he immediately noticed the three representants; a woman in the middle gave him a polite smile, while the two other men on her sides remained stone-faced. Even though they looked quite intimidating, JB understood their behavior. He stood right in front of them and the camera.

"Please, introduce yourself," the woman said.

JB cleared his throat first before starting with, "Hi, my name is Jaebeom Lim. I'm a 21 years old college student studying in the Film field right now but my main goal is to become an artist, especially a singer."

"Why do you want to become a singer?"

JB thought about the question carefully and as he wanted to give the perfect answer, he struggled to reply and gave a blank expression instead.

"Take your time."

"Relax, there's no trick in this," the men reassured him calming down the tensed atmosphere.

JB nodded and took a deep breath before replying with what he sincerely felt. "I just... I just like singing." He trailed off and cursed inside of his head for looking stupid. He took few second to compose himself and to continue. "It's there inside of me. Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me alive because it's always there."

"You just like singing?"

JB noticed the tone in his question but he showed more confidence this time. "Shouldn't a singer sing just because he likes to sing? If it's only for money and fame then I don't think they should be called a singer."

The man smirked in satisfaction and noted. "It's written here that you can b-boy. Will you show us that today or you will only focus on singing?"

"Today, I will do both."

"Great. Which song will you sing?" The woman asked with sparkling eyes and anticipation.

"Uh, All of me by John Legend," JB responded quickly. The representants seemed to have lost all hopes and smiled in irony. He was the 20th contestant who was going to sing that song today.