Chapter 9: No Love

Mark's pov

"You lie to me all the time. I know that, that ain't your first time. You're hiding something..."

"How would you know anyways, uh?"

"I know you, that's it. I'm tired."

"Well, you know what? I'm tired of you too. It has to stop."

"What is it about?" i asked as if i wasn't expecting something surprising.

"You never really know what you want; you can't make decisions. You are so quiet; you are living in your own little world. It bothered me."

"I'm not always like that when i'm with you..."

She retorted "...and, the fact that you are blind...it drives me crazy too. You can't see me. You can't see anything. I feel like i'm your guardian. I always have to protect you, guide you, defend you. I'm a girl! In a relationship, it's the guy who's supposed to play that role. I'm the girl. People keep staring at us and saying mean things about our relationship. I don't feel like i'm with a man. I feel like...i'm...with a child."

A long silence filled the line. I couldn't dare to say anything at that moment. She thinks i'm..a child?

"I need a man. Someone who can protect, guide and defend me in any situation. I'm a woman, not a man. I want a real relationship." She really had no respect for me, for me being blind. I'm not a child.

"Those words...coming out of your mouth, easily like that, just prove how you didn't care for me at all. If you really did love me, you wouldn't care about what people say and think."

"It's easy to say, for you, you're blind. You can't see the faces of hundred of people looking at us while judging."

"I can understand, i won't deny that fact. I can't see, but i can hear those people really well. I didn't care because i liked you and it didn't matter to me. If you really did like me, we could have talk and come up with some solutions together!"

"It wouldn't work anyways. I don't want to be in a relationship with...a blind guy for the rest of my life. I'm...not happy anymore."

"Wow...well, to say you're the one who came to me first. You shouldn't have gave me false hopes. You know what? I should have broken up with you sooner when you started to change."

"Yeah, I liked you at first and was amazed because you looked so handsome...and your voice...that i didn't take into consideration the fact that you were blind and that you would be difficult to be with. I should have broken up with you sooner too!"

"I thought I loved you, but i was blind enough to not listen to my heart. I, instead, listened to people around saying how beautiful and intelligent you were. I was then, attracted by your voice, your perfume...but nothing else. I was stupid. I thought it was love, but at the end, i was just afraid to stay single i guess."

"For me, it wasn't love at all. I was just attracted by you. Yes, we did have some affection for each other, but that's it. It was...a waste of time!"

"Waste of time you say? Well, with you, i'll say yes. You know, there's a saying: No relationship is a waste of time. If it don't bring you what you want, it learn you what you don't want. Now, I know that I don't ever want a girl like you. And you? You don't want any blind man in your life.. Isn't it?"

Again, a moment of silence.

"Let's officially break up!"

"Let's do that! You know there are some advantages to be blind...it's a good thing i can't see your face. It'll be easier to forget you and erase you out of my life."