Chapter 75

Caleb sleeps soundly, about damn time, and I prop myself on my elbow as I peer down at him. I could feel him tossing and turning all night long, and I'm relieved he's finally getting some good sleep.

His pupils twitch behind his eyelids, making me wonder what he's dreaming about. Knowing Caleb, it's either me or work. Probably me.

Smiling, I settle my head back on my pillow and cuddle into his chest. He needs rest, especially after last night's freakout. I knew my kidnapping was hard on him, but I had no idea it took such a toll. I want to revisit the conversation about him claiming me as the female Alpha, but I'm worried about setting him off again.

As much as I appreciate the gesture, I don't think it's a good idea. I'm happy just being his mate, and I don't think it'll do any good to rush me up the wolf hierarchy.

There are better things to put our focus on right now.

The three Alphas will be here today, so I know I can't put the conversation off for long. Maybe I'll bring it up over breakfast tomorrow. Caleb's always in his best mood when he's eating.

My eyes slip shut as I listen to Caleb's quiet breathing. It's such a soothing sound, and it doesn't take long to lull me back into sleep.

My arm's gone numb by the time I wake up again, and I wiggle it free before peering at the clock sitting on the bedside table. It's only been an hour, and it's still early. Careful not to wake Caleb, I stretch my limbs and peer up at him.

He almost always wakes before me, and I'm not complaining about the opportunity to admire him.

The wolves are known for their conventional beauty, but Caleb is arguably one of the most attractive men I've ever seen. His messy brown hair is sprawled across his pillow, the wavy curls probably knotted from sleep. I should buy him a silk pillowcase.

It might help with his bedhead.

Slowly, I reach up and brush a curl out of his eye. Caleb's nose crinkles, and he smacks his lips before rolling onto his back. I resist the urge to chuckle as I prop myself up on my elbow and peer down at him as I did the first time I woke up.

Caleb must've tugged the sheets down his legs as he slept, exposing his chest. The sheets now rest right at the waistband of his underwear, and I debate pulling it back up before deciding against it. All the movement would most definitely wake him up.

Besides, I quite enjoy the view.

Caleb's body is thick with muscle, and I enjoy watching his abs shift with each breath. I want to touch, but it's near impossible to do that without getting carried away. Even now, heat coils in my lower abdomen.

I want him.

A few seconds pass before I work up the courage to hook my leg over his waist. Caleb's always doing this to me, trapping me in with his limbs, so it's only fair I return the favor.

He seems to like it as he sleepily reaches for me, his left hand curling around my thigh while his right finds my head. He mindlessly slips his fingers through my hair before tugging me down and urging me to rest on his chest. I do, trying and failing to ignore the hard bulge pressing against the inside of my thigh.

What would he think if I reached into his underwear and took hold of him? Would he like to wake up to the feeling of my cunt or mouth sinking down the length of his cock. I want it so bad, but I resist.

I can't just spring that on him, at least not without discussing it beforehand.

But fuck, I want to so badly.

Caleb tightens his grip on my thigh before sliding his hand to my hip.

"Morning," he mumbles, his voice hoarse.